$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Hullensians RUFC - Julian Barkworth

Hullensians RUFC - Julian Barkworth

This is a discussion for the topic Hullensians RUFC - Julian Barkworth on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Hullensians RUFC - Julian Barkworth  (Read 3039 times)

Platres

• Finding my feet
on: April 15, 2020, 05:10:16 PM
Its with great sadness that Hullensians RUFC announce the passing of their former Head Coach Julian Barkworth on Tuesday 14th April 2020. Julian was living in Turkey and was hospitalised for a routine procedure but due to complications he sadly died as a result of sepsis. He is survived by his wife Lise and 4 children, Matthew, Chloe, David and Jack.

Due to the current global pandemic it will not be possible to repatriate Julian back to Yorkshire, he will be buried on Thursday 16th April at 12.30pm UK time in Fethiye, Turkey where he lived with Lise.

Many on this forum will have their own memories of Julian either as a player or coach whether as a team mate or member of the opposition but one thing is certain you could be in no doubt about his passion for the sport and the Clubs he played and coached at.

Julian coached Hullensians for 12 seasons during which time the Club secured promotion from Yorkshire 4 to Yorkshire 1, reached the semi-finals of the EDF National Cup and won the Yorkshire Silver Trophy. The record speaks for its self.

If you can, please join us and raise a glass and toast his memory tomorrow Thursday 16th April at 12.30pm

RIP Chef you will be sadly missed by many…….

west vale lad

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 07:22:02 PM
Sad, sad news. I would like to pass condolences to Julian's family and friends at Hullensians RUFC on behalf of Heath RUFC. RIP.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 09:12:23 PM
I was informed of this sad news yesterday... Deepest condolences from all at Scarborough RUFC.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Yorkie

• Finding my feet
  • East Yorkshireman through and through.
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 10:27:52 AM
Julian Barkworth was a Hull RUFC player for eight seasons and who made 167 appearances for the Club after leaving HKR.
A full tribute from the club can be found on our website  https://hullrugbyunion.com
He will be sadly missed by all East Yorkshire rugby followers. RIP Jules.