$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; No rugby till 2021?

No rugby till 2021?

This is a discussion for the topic No rugby till 2021? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: No rugby till 2021?  (Read 17894 times)

Rob13

• Forum old hand
Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 10:29:13 PM
Porkies, the worlds best are focussing on this and will break it!!

Love the positivity, too much negativity these days.

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #31 on: May 09, 2020, 07:27:20 AM
Agree Rob,
                  However I feel that no vaccine will be approved this year. I truly hope I am wrong, but feel we wont be able to go out for a walk (unless breaking the advice) for many weeks yet, in our lovely area around Settle. Its a horrible state of affairs, but I am aghast at some of the irresponsible actions of some very selfish people, that will undoubtedly result in some people losing their lives, (not connected to them). It is these people that are risking us all and , as  usual, the selfish few are influencing the majority.
We are lucky in that we have a good outdoor space at home, but not everyone is as lucky ,and its those people that the selfish ones should think about as they flaunt the advice.
Anyway rant over. Unlikely as it may seem, I look forward to resuming rugby as soon as its safe, and also meeting all you posters again wherever and whenever we are allowed to.
Cheers xx.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #32 on: May 09, 2020, 12:59:04 PM
I have had the good fortune to be able to go to the office every day ( in the centre of town ) with one other employee and the company has been able to tick over at about 36% of normal for the time of year. This has preserved the jobs of the other four. We are able to access the moors for our daily exercise and do so.

On Monday, whatever the nature of the rabbit is that Boris produces, staff will return on a staggered basis and by June 1st, we will be back to full complement. Social distancing is possible where we are. We have had far too much media-driven doom and gloom, exacerbated by the blunt-instrument tactics employed so far. We cannot get deaths down to zero and it is futile spending our children’s future in an attempt to do so. we need a more focussed approach now.

I look forward to meeting all you old rugby friends and I’m optimistic that it will be before the end of October.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #33 on: May 09, 2020, 09:27:29 PM
A vaccine wont be allowed until proven to be safe. I agree its the best way to go but fear that it wont be in anybodys xmas stocking in 2020 for that "safety proven" reason. As one of the first in the queue I would be delighted to be proven wrong but fear I will have to continue indoors for much longer than 12 weeks or take a decision on a risk assessment basis and get back out and about. Fingers crossed.

The Oxford vaccine has already been proven safe..hence it being injected into hundreds of people. The issue isn't safety it's effectiveness....and that can only.be proved by trialists not contracting the virus during a period of high transmission. Our peak has well passed now so that is a counterintuitive problem....and in either case there is no way of proving effectiveness without time. With all the money in the world you can't prove a vaccine works in a month unless you are prepared to subject the samples to the virus...which the western world won't do. (However China might!)... So best case scenario is 6 months and that is hoping that none of the C-19 vaccine trialists contracts the illness AND some of the control trialists do (the ones who have the meningitis vaccine).

Hope that makes sense. So best case is autumn. All of that is based on comments from that wonderful Professor lady from Oxford (Gilbert?)...I'm not pretending to be any expert.

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #34 on: May 09, 2020, 09:39:05 PM
Another glass of Pinotage maybe...
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #35 on: May 09, 2020, 10:42:32 PM
Another glass of Pinotage maybe...

Not for me....I'm lockdown "dry" for 10 days now!

Pristine Shorts

Reply #36 on: May 10, 2020, 02:59:41 PM
Gosh, I bet you’re good company !

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #37 on: May 10, 2020, 08:27:40 PM
11 now!

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #38 on: May 11, 2020, 07:24:40 AM
I seem to recall the mayor in Jaws was so concerned about the economy he told everyone it was safe to go back in the water.

Am trying to find out how to become a lert. Anyone know of any lerts I could copy?
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

leg

• Legend
Reply #39 on: May 12, 2020, 05:08:58 PM
I coach a kids team - and I wonder how many will still want to play or be allowed to play after we come out of this pandemic.

Could have a big impact on playing numbers.

Then again, they might be that bored that they'll be raving to go?

Rob13

• Forum old hand
Reply #40 on: May 12, 2020, 05:36:33 PM
I coach a kids team - and I wonder how many will still want to play or be allowed to play after we come out of this pandemic.

If the season does get started on time my son will begin his journey in the game, we can't shield ourselves away forever.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #41 on: May 13, 2020, 07:28:27 AM
HMG is publishing a document today outlining a roadmap back for sport. I'm not sure if it is just professional sport or all sport but it might give us an indication.

leg

• Legend
Reply #42 on: May 13, 2020, 11:58:24 AM

If the season does get started on time my son will begin his journey in the game, we can't shield ourselves away forever.

I don't think we can live our lives keeping to "social distancing" rules - we need another way forward.

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #43 on: May 14, 2020, 09:05:09 AM
The way forward is antibody testing (positive signs here) and a vaccine (not so imminent).

leg

• Legend
Reply #44 on: May 15, 2020, 01:24:08 PM
The way forward is antibody testing (positive signs here) and a vaccine (not so imminent).

yup - test the fark out of everyone and keep doing it - i think it will be the new normal.