$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Season 20/21

Season 20/21

This is a discussion for the topic Season 20/21 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Season 20/21  (Read 2427 times)

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
on: June 05, 2020, 06:45:04 AM
Without getting into a guessing game of if or when we’ll actually get going because of the pandemic.

Any news of new/old players returning, new coaching set ups, improvement of facilities? Rumours? Scandal? Banter?

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 08:18:12 AM
Wibsey have signed a couple of young lads from our RL side, a Jamaican RL international, a second team prop from a Halifax based club and a lad from Bradford uni.
We finished the season well but are definitely in need of one or two more if are going to compete at the top.

A Couple of players  have left, most noticeably veteran prop John Bradbury who returns to Bradford Salem. John still remains a friend of ours and we thank him for his service.

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 01:05:29 AM
Bradders is most definitely a veteran and can still make an impact and mix it  in Y1 at Salem for sure...best advice I could give to wibsey is don’t bring in rugby league lads and don’t spend pennies...
You’ve got a great set of lads who are fantastic players and you will go far.

DISCIPLINE was wibsey’s downfall last year.... if you keep 15 men on the pitch for the majority of next season, you’ll be one of the frontrunners for sure.

Bar the discipline last season you were one of the best teams in Y3.... sort that and your going places.

Wibsey have signed a couple of young lads from our RL side, a Jamaican RL international, a second team prop from a Halifax based club and a lad from Bradford uni.
We finished the season well but are definitely in need of one or two more if are going to compete at the top.

A Couple of players  have left, most noticeably veteran prop John Bradbury who returns to Bradford Salem. John still remains a friend of ours and we thank him for his service.
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 08:27:17 AM
He’s gone to captain the second team and play with a bunch of his ex team mates. ( he’s probably got 1000’s!!)

I agree that discipline cost us a few results but that’s something we definitely got right in the last 6/7 games.

As for paying, we honestly love that people think we pay. If anyone wants to get on the payroll get yourself to Wibsey, I’ll personally pay you the same as any other player at our club.

Good luck to Baildon in Y2, definitely deserve to be there and sadly for us in
Y3 I’m sure you’ll stay up.