$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Update on Future League Structure

Update on Future League Structure

This is a discussion for the topic Update on Future League Structure on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Update on Future League Structure  (Read 12332 times)

Speccy

• Forum old hand
Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 08:26:51 AM
I would have thought the more likely option,would be not to promote clubs,as opposed to relegating four.

As things stand,clearly two up,two down is the correct option but I'm not sure you can relegate a club finishing fourth from bottom of a higher league,at the expense of a club from a lower league finishing second from top.

For example in Yorks 2,I would have thought that it makes more sense for Baildon and Leeds Corinthians to retain their Yorks 3 places,rather than Yarnbury and Wetherby(3rd and 4th bottom) being relegated.

Anyway,lets hope it doesn't come to this and we get some competitive rugby,although perhaps not in 2020.

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
Reply #16 on: August 19, 2020, 08:47:03 AM
Think some of you are forgetting the fact that the number of leagues at level 6 is set to increase.

So at Level 6 currently North One East & West for RFU North there will be three level six leagues (it increases from 8 to 12 nationally).
So  currently there are 14 clubs in East and West 28 in total. With three 12 team leagues that should be 36 clubs playing at level 6.

The question is how will clubs be allocated to allocated to particular leagues, what will be the boundaries of those leagues be.

RFU North need to produce a worked example based on last season tables

Ribbflagman

Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 04:00:16 PM
Apologies guys. I did look at the tables, but that was when the season was halted rather than the final standings. I will spend an hour in the naughty boys corner as punishment.

Ribbflagman

Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 04:16:08 PM
Percy Park finished 1 point behind Malton on the RFU site so 3 D/N teams down.

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #19 on: August 19, 2020, 04:38:41 PM
Think some of you are forgetting the fact that the number of leagues at level 6 is set to increase.

So at Level 6 currently North One East & West for RFU North there will be three level six leagues (it increases from 8 to 12 nationally).
So  currently there are 14 clubs in East and West 28 in total. With three 12 team leagues that should be 36 clubs playing at level 6.

The question is how will clubs be allocated to allocated to particular leagues, what will be the boundaries of those leagues be.

RFU North need to produce a worked example based on last season tables

The number of leagues higher up the pyramid are increasing as well. So even though the number of teams in each league is coming down the general trend will be teams moving up rather than down.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 11:45:46 AM
9 teams from Y1 could move to N1E or whatever it will be called.

Oldandslow

Reply #21 on: August 20, 2020, 06:21:53 PM
9 teams from Y1 could move to N1E or whatever it will be called.

Fredsbar do you know the geographic areas covered by the the leagues at level 6. The reason I ask I've spoken to a contact in Cheshire and the belief in the North West is that the three leagues will be 1. Cheshire, Lancs & Gr Manchester, 2. Cumbria, Northumberland & Durham, 3. Yorkshire. That based on the RFU's desire to reduce traveling time.

Also there is a webinar with the RFU for North West clubs tonight where they expect to get more details.

WestoftheHill

• Finding my feet
Reply #22 on: August 21, 2020, 01:20:12 PM
Afternoon Gentlefolk of Yorkshire.

Couple of things. I believe as part of the FCS the recommendation is/will be West to East mergers of clubs not North to South - ie. Rochdale could play the likes of Crossleyans to form new Leagues, no clubs will get artificially relegated but Clubs placed as low as 4th or 5th could get artificially promoted to help flatten the structure

It wasn't a RFU North West Club Webinar last night it was a RFU FCS Webinar only open to County (CB) board members. Think David Baker and Jim Chapman were on it representing you lot :)

Hope that helps, wanders back down Hill.

avinastella

Reply #23 on: August 22, 2020, 01:10:46 PM
Afternoon Gentlefolk of Yorkshire.

Couple of things. I believe as part of the FCS the recommendation is/will be West to East mergers of clubs not North to South - ie. Rochdale could play the likes of Crossleyans to form new Leagues, no clubs will get artificially relegated but Clubs placed as low as 4th or 5th could get artificially promoted to help flatten the structure

It wasn't a RFU North West Club Webinar last night it was a RFU FCS Webinar only open to County (CB) board members. Think David Baker and Jim Chapman were on it representing you lot :)

Hope that helps, wanders back down Hill.
Seems a rather convenient example. One that appears to have come about due to the formation and expansion of the ADM leagues.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #24 on: August 22, 2020, 08:15:08 PM
Does anyone actually think that Jim Chapman represents Yorksire? Genuine question....his record doesn't seem to suggest so.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Novocastrian

• One of the boys
Reply #25 on: March 31, 2021, 05:09:25 PM
With the demise of the DN rugby forum I used to run (hopefully recreating one in future), I can share this with the Yorkshire forum first!

Proposed structures for 2022-23. Enjoy...

https://lancashirerugby.co.uk/news/1537-future-competitions-structure

avinastella

Reply #26 on: March 31, 2021, 09:03:16 PM
With the demise of the DN rugby forum I used to run (hopefully recreating one in future), I can share this with the Yorkshire forum first!

Proposed structures for 2022-23. Enjoy...

https://lancashirerugby.co.uk/news/1537-future-competitions-structure
Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a decent resolution being found.
But hey, the RFU thought they knew best.

Wilyjim

• Forum old hand
Reply #27 on: April 04, 2021, 01:17:07 AM
Let's be honest this really isn't a satisfactory structure being proposed. The FCS group clearly hasn't grasped the fact that we need to encourage more games each season.
At the end of the day, rugby is a commitment just as much off the pitch as it is on. The solution is to build the atmosphere that we had across the 2005-2015 years and get communities more involved. Let's see the families and kids coming to more away games, lets see the mid table teams scrapping for every position in the table like they used to, lets see better infrastructure in the lower leagues to support the crowds. Now is not the time to let the hard work from previous years go to waste.

avinastella

Reply #28 on: April 04, 2021, 08:21:56 PM
Let's be honest this really isn't a satisfactory structure being proposed. The FCS group clearly hasn't grasped the fact that we need to encourage more games each season.
At the end of the day, rugby is a commitment just as much off the pitch as it is on. The solution is to build the atmosphere that we had across the 2005-2015 years and get communities more involved. Let's see the families and kids coming to more away games, lets see the mid table teams scrapping for every position in the table like they used to, lets see better infrastructure in the lower leagues to support the crowds. Now is not the time to let the hard work from previous years go to waste.
Reduce the league games for player welfare - and add extra cup games to make up the shortfall.
Stats show clubs ain't interested in Cup rugby.

The RFU with Jim Chapman and his gang made it clear when they did their tour of the regions that they'd already made their minds up.

Ian1307

• Finding my feet
Reply #29 on: April 10, 2021, 10:36:02 PM
Just wondering how many clubs will be entering their lower XVs into the leagues for the www/23 season