$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Sad passing of Mr Alan Robertshaw

Sad passing of Mr Alan Robertshaw

This is a discussion for the topic Sad passing of Mr Alan Robertshaw on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Sad passing of Mr Alan Robertshaw  (Read 944 times)

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
on: July 23, 2021, 09:38:09 PM
I have just learnt the very sad news on the York website of the passing of Alan Robertshaw. Rarely if ever have I met a more humble, committed, competitive, gentleman. In the 30 years I have periodically been to York with Ribb there was never anything but a warm welcome and an honest reflection of the game and its result (usually in favour of York). To my knowledge he continued to carry out his duties for the club. Of which there were many, despite his wavering health.
His passing will be a massive loss to York and the void he leaves behind will take some filling.
I fondly remember the shield quarter final at Ribb in 1980 when we beat the high flyers 13 -9 and Alan and his brother were in the second row.
After the match despite their obvious disappointment at losing, Alan was very complimentary to our club and wished us all the best for the rest of the competition.
To me that spoke volumes of the man he was and nothing over the last 40 years has ever happened to change my view of him.
We have lost a true giant of a man not only in his stature, but also his kind personality.
Sincere condolances to all his family and friends at York (of which I am sure there are a great many).

Also to ALL his family who should be very proud of a truly good man.

Sincere best wishes from me (Flaggy) and everyone at North Ribblesdale.