$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; New season start date

New season start date

This is a discussion for the topic New season start date on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: New season start date  (Read 1577 times)

Hollis Hero

• Forum old hand
on: July 14, 2021, 09:39:12 PM
Am I right in thinking the season start date is now the 25th September for Yorkshire 4 and not the 4th September as originally planned following the RFU announcement yesterday?

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 08:39:01 AM
Why 25th September?

Hollis Hero

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 10:17:26 AM
This was what was stated in the lastest return to rugby email from the RFU to all clubs on Tuesday:

Adult Rugby Roadmap – return to full contact dates

When can clubs return to full contact rugby? (10s and 15-a-side)

We have carefully considered the preparation period required after a long lay-off. We have taken advice from medics, coaches, directors of rugby and players within the community game to create the below pathway:

Adult Rugby

The updated rugby roadmap for adult rugby is here.

Monday 19 July

Scrums and mauls can be re-instated in training only.

A minimum 3-week preparation period of training sessions follows ahead of match play.

Coaches are reminded that they are responsible for working with all players to assess their physical readiness and technical competence before returning to scrummaging. Players may be at different levels of fitness and conditioning. See below guidance for returning to scrummaging safely.

Coaches must be satisfied that players have undertaken sufficient technical preparation, skill refinement and reconditioning work before returning to full contact match play.

Internal training games are allowed between Monday 19 July and Saturday 7 August. Training games should include an incremental approach to scrummaging and coaches should rotate players every 20 minutes. Clubs should not return to match intensity full contact 15 a-side training games immediately.

Saturday 7 August

Full contact 15-a-side and 10-a-side rugby matches, with scrums and mauls, may resume against other clubs from, and not before, Saturday 7 August.

It is the choice of clubs and players whether they wish to compete in full contact matches from Saturday 7 August. There is no pressure to do so.

Teams that do not yet feel ready for full contact 15s have the option of playing 7s, 10s, XRugby or 15-a-side rugby with uncontested scrums.

Saturday 4 September

Full contact 15-a-side league rugby commences for Men’s Levels 3 and 4, and for 14-team men’s leagues in Levels 5 and below.

Saturday 18 September

Full contact 15-a-side league rugby commences for 12 and 10 league men’s teams in London & SE.

Saturday 25 September

Full contact 15-a-side league rugby commences for 12 and 10 league men’s teams in North, Midlands & SW.

25/26 September

Full contact 15-a-side- rugby commences for majority of women’s competitions.

Fredsbar

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 04:14:53 PM
Apologies. I was completely unaware of this. I am taking this up with my colleagues!

Fredsbar

Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 06:26:59 PM
I have been reliably informed that Clubs should ignore the statement regarding clubs in 10-12 team leagues starting on September 25th. All Yorkshire Clubs start league rugby on September 4th, unless of course Covid takes over!