$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 18.09.21

Predictions 18.09.21

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 18.09.21 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Predictions 18.09.21  (Read 3845 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: September 14, 2021, 03:46:05 PM
We continue this week with 6 fixtures to choose from. Wibsey v Bramley looks to have been rearranged to 9th October according to the RFU fixture list. So please pick 5 results from 6 with the usual joker. Not too late to join in for anyone who wants to, can find details of how to play on previous prediction threads.

Castleford v Hemsworth
Halifax Vandals v Sheffield Medics
Harrogate Pythons v Barnsley
Knottingley v West Park Leeds
Old Otliensians v Burley
Ossett v Skipton

Good luck all!

gateprop

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 03:54:39 PM
Castleford v Hemsworth - I don't think a lot of teams will go to Cas this season and come away with the points.
Halifax Vandals v Sheffield Medics - great win for Vandals last week but I think Medics will find a way to play around them.
Harrogate Pythons v Barnsley - big game for both teams looking to keep their winning starts going. Barnsley have had the tougher fixtures but have played twice at home so will by interested to see how they travel. Looking forward to it.
Knottingley (J) v West Park Leeds - tough result for Knottingley last week but by the sounds of it they had enough field position, just couldn't make it count. WPL have started poorly and expect Knottingley to roll them over this week.
Old Otliensians v Burley - can Otliensians scrape together a front row this week to avoid the walkover? Big chance for Burley to get a win on the board here.
Ossett v Skipton - though Skipton lie 2nd in the table and Ossett lost their first home game I think this one will go the way of Ossett.

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 04:39:31 PM
Bramley v Wibsey?

gateprop

Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 05:14:37 PM
Bramley v Wibsey?

As I said in the first post, looks like Bramley v Wibsey has been rearranged for the next free weekend along with Knottingley v Burley which was postponed due to Covid in the Burley camp. Wibsey couldn't field a side against Skipton but I don't know whether that was Covid related or just lack of numbers.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 07:33:06 PM
We’ve a wedding that’s been moved due to covid, 1 props wedding, 3 props as ushers. Massive Buffett needed and as last week showed, we’ve a shortage of props.

We asked Bramley as soon as the fixtures came out luckily they are such a great club it wasn’t a problem for them. 👍

gateprop

Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 08:42:34 PM
We’ve a wedding that’s been moved due to covid, 1 props wedding, 3 props as ushers. Massive Buffett needed and as last week showed, we’ve a shortage of props.

We asked Bramley as soon as the fixtures came out luckily they are such a great club it wasn’t a problem for them. 👍

That’s good. Better that than having Covid cases.

the blind ref

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 09:36:43 PM
Castleford v Hemsworth cas by 14  hemsworth dont travel well
halifax Vandals v Sheffield Medics  vandals by 3 vandals maybe on a roll
Harrogate Pythons v Barnsley game of the week both want to play rugby barnsley by  14                                                                   
 Knottingley v West Park Leeds  wpl by 10  wpl better pack knotts try to beat them up 2 poor sides
Old Otliensians v Burley away win hope oo can get a pack  joker
Ossett v Skipton  can i have 2 jokers i think this 1 maybe a draw skipton on a roll

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 06:40:32 AM
Castleford v Hemsworth. Castleford getting stronger and fitter by the week. Sorry Hems` no RL final to save you this time!
Halifax Vandals v Sheffield Medics. Vandals are a well structured side and will take some beating at their place
Harrogate Pythons v Barnsley Close game but the away team will edge it                                                                 
Knottingley v West Park Leeds Technicality over grunt and push
Old Otliensians v Burley. Glad I aren't paying to watch this one, two sides struggling for momentum.
Ossett v Skipton Be a close game I reckon, Skipton by five or less

Ossett 9 no more

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 11:33:43 AM
Castleford v Hemsworth (J) early season form both says Cas will be victors
Halifax Vandals v Sheffield Medics Students were very very good at Ossett
Harrogate Pythons v Barnsley  Just a hunch
Knottingley v West Park Leeds  - certainly hope so anyway - come on the worms
Old Otliensians v Burley OO's tohave a full squad and to bounce back
Ossett v Skipton

Again , all games could go either way

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 01:15:12 PM
Whitwoods finest  v Hemswart. Truck stop too big and heavy for scotch estate riff raff
Hooligans v physics … physics my favourite people
Snakes v Scargill collegiate OB …Barnsley left wing to strike early and dominate .
Maggots v WPl. Maggots in their own midden by many
Oo v Burley. Who ?

Osset v Skipton … Ossett the home of the Osset gobbler … Ossett .. anyone should knows Wakey from the 70-80 s will back Ossett ..

Caravanboys

• One of the boys
Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 01:17:29 PM
Cas v Hemsworth - sure Cas will pull this derby off
Vandals v Medics - not sure medics will travel well will take vandals as outsiders
Pythons v Barnsley- got to go with Barnsley with an away win
Knots v WPB - think the worms will have it at home
Otley v Burley - based on last week think I’ll take Burley
Ossett v Skipton- should be a close game I’ll take the home side ossett.

Glad we can help struggling sides

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 01:43:49 PM
Cas- Hopefully Hemsworth to stay down where they belong.
Vandals- Tough place to go and Sheff might not travel too well but an early test and will show if they are promotion contenders.
Knottla J- Hopefully get our first win or the season, still not an easy game.
Old O- Surely home win
Skipton- but Ossett to give them a really good game
Harrogate- After watching the game vs us last week Barnsley didn’t look too strong and Pythons is a very tough place to go.

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 08:17:19 AM
Castleford v Hemsworth - Cas By a lot.
Halifax Vandals v Sheffield Medics - NC
Harrogate Pythons v Barnsley - Game of the week. Both had good results so far. Think Pythons may sneak this at home. Definitely the strongest opponents Barnsley will have come up against yet.
Knottingley v West Park Leeds - Think the worms will be too aggressive and too strong for WPL at home.
Old Otliensians v Burley - Burley for the W. Seems Ensians are in the depths of hard times at the moment.
Ossett v Skipton- Think this will be a tight one too. Going to take a punt on Ossett with home advantage. Would be surprised if Skip manage to walk away with something though.

Bramley vs Wibsey - When its played I would think Wibsey will have too much.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:20:24 AM by Dropped It »

Diglet

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 10:33:39 AM
Castleford v Hemsworth - Home win
Halifax Vandals v Sheff Medics - Students wont like it on mount doom
Harrogate Pythons v Barnsley - both similar teams in being well organise, feel Barnsleys youth in the backs will get them over the edge
Knottla v WPL - Hopefully get this win, played well in the first half against Barnsley till we lost half the team so no reason we cant (J)
Otley v Burley - Burley nilled at home last week so feel as long as Otley can get a team together they should get the win
Ossett v Skipton - Away win

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 11:25:28 AM

That's a very diplomatic way of putting it.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.