$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; League restructuring

League restructuring

This is a discussion for the topic League restructuring on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: League restructuring  (Read 2304 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: September 26, 2021, 07:17:45 AM
I know generally most people are not supportive of the restructuring of the leagues and especially the drop to 12 team divisions for many.

However, regarding this season in N1E..... what is the actual situation with relegation and promotion? How many up and down, what will the league be called.next season.

I know I should know this but I seem to have read conflicting documents.

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 09:23:41 AM
I know generally most people are not supportive of the restructuring of the leagues and especially the drop to 12 team divisions for many.

However, regarding this season in N1E..... what is the actual situation with relegation and promotion? How many up and down, what will the league be called.next season.

I know I should know this but I seem to have read conflicting documents.

I was rightly or wrongly under the assumption that due to the re structuring of the leagues there wasn’t the usual promotion or relegation. But league positions would effect where a team is placed during the restructure.

Our aim is to finish mid table to avoid any confusion haha. 

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 09:39:09 AM
The Morley chaps yesterday thought that it was three up and no relegation, which wasn't my understanding but I'm a bit out of touch at the moment.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 03:16:22 PM
At the beginning of the season, a top four finish was being bandied about and that’s just to stay in the ‘same’ league.

Is there going to be a North 2 East then ?

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 04:32:56 PM
I had a call earlier from a very esteemed veteran of rugby from Driffield, in matters rugby and farming he is second to none 😁. In matters of computers and and posting on forums he is a bit further down the pecking order!

Anyhow I am told it is top 2 for promotion and no relegation. The remaining clubs in the league will then be carved up across the new level 6 leagues depending on geography. No doubt the RFU will ensure this is the most illogical and irrational allocation of leagues one could imagine!

And even if you are one of the top 2 sides going up to level five you will still be in a 12 team league.

But don't worry there will be a tin pot cup to play in during March and April.

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 06:06:20 PM
Hi, nothing will be set in stone u till the Premiership and Championship have sorted their numbers out. This is the factor which steers various options for the National leagues and below.

Ribbflagman

Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 12:55:52 PM
 It's all bullocks anyway. No logic will be applied by the RFU. That would be way too simple for the blazers.