$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions for Saturday, March 12th

Predictions for Saturday, March 12th

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions for Saturday, March 12th on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Predictions for Saturday, March 12th  (Read 6839 times)

Pumba

• Finding my feet
  • #UTT
Reply #15 on: March 13, 2022, 08:42:59 AM
Why didn't you take the foot off the gas. Show respect to the lads who turned out and gave you a game. Surely 78 -0 at half time told a story.
Given the Bees financial indiscretions several years ago I understand some may not be too sympathetic. But remember it's not many years ago that Moortown were "Bought" by a benefactor when allegedly  facing bankruptcy and without his loyal support you may not be where you are currently.
Respect for clubs on a downward cycle is necessary. The problem with the reorganisation  for next season whichas means no relegation. It's a complete disaster for teams getting hammered every week like the Bees  and Kirkby Lonsdale who are suffering  badly and it will undoubtedly lead to players leaving further diminishing their capability of competing next season.
That said, Moortown are now a go ahead club on the up.
Pity about the formally progressive WPl  not being able to fulfill their fixture today in Y3.
Strange times.

How exactly do you take your foot off the gas?

When playing a team so disjointed and struggling for players there is not much you can do, as soon as it got to 60 me and the Bees captain had a chat and I gave him the option to call it if he wanted knowing it was only going to get worse.

I think I am right by saying both captains have to agree to call it at 60 mins so if you want to bring respect into it we could have said no and put another 50 points on them but here we are its rugby and these things happen.

It is unfortunate for Bees with the way they are going this year but as they said yesterday they are focusing more towards re building for next year now so good luck to them and hope the pull something together for the 2022/23 season.

Also I will add they did not have respect for us the last season we played when we went to their place for the 3rd game of the season and got pumped 54-7 after struggling for players and been a very makeshift team on the day.

BenFairclough

Reply #16 on: March 13, 2022, 08:54:59 AM
Ribbflagman, idiot comment.

All 3 subs were brought on after 15 minutes, of which all 3 subs have played in our 3rd team this season.

We cut the game at 57 mins.

The average age of our team yesterday was 22 years old and would have been younger if our player coach wasn't involved, he's 31.

Pumba, asked the Ref at halftime to penalise us as if it was an international game which he did for the 17 mins played in the 2nd half.

I don't know what else to say
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 09:05:23 AM by BenFairclough »

Calderdale hound

• Finding my feet
Reply #17 on: March 13, 2022, 08:56:40 AM
Why didn't you take the foot off the gas. Show respect to the lads who turned out and gave you a game. Surely 78 -0 at half time told a story.
Given the Bees financial indiscretions several years ago I understand some may not be too sympathetic. But remember it's not many years ago that Moortown were "Bought" by a benefactor when allegedly  facing bankruptcy and without his loyal support you may not be where you are currently.
Respect for clubs on a downward cycle is necessary. The problem with the reorganisation  for next season whichas means no relegation. It's a complete disaster for teams getting hammered every week like the Bees  and Kirkby Lonsdale who are suffering  badly and it will undoubtedly lead to players leaving further diminishing their capability of competing next season.
Pity about the formally progressive WPl  not being able to fulfill their fixture today in Y3.
Strange times.

Get back in you box andy you seem to be in the wrong forum numpty

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #18 on: March 13, 2022, 09:12:35 AM
Ribbflagman, idiot comment or you just an idiot?

All 3 subs were brought on after 15 minutes, of which all 3 subs have played in our 3rd team this season.

We cut the game at 57 mins.

The average age of our team yesterday was 22 years old and would have been younger if our player coach wasn't involved, he's 31.

Pumba, asked the Ref at halftime to penalise us as if it was an international game which he did for the 17 mins played in the 2nd half.

I don't know what else to say

I wonder if Bees will be able to continue the season. I think there’s a precedent for withdrawing from the league, even if it is so late in the programme, in which case, all Bees matches would be nullified.

Of the top four teams, the Bees still have to play Heath, Driffield and Ilkley, with Cleck having already played them twice. Two of Bees’ catch-up games are on Easter Saturday and April 30th, so it’s not looking good.

Ribbflagman

Reply #19 on: March 13, 2022, 09:15:41 AM
Ben and Hound,
                       sorry that you think it was an idiotic post. I was genuinely trying to engender a bit of sympathy and respect for Bees. Didnt know that Bees had a third team. Anyway I will leave it there as there is obviously very differing opinions on what constitutes respect in our deteriorating game. Pity.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #20 on: March 13, 2022, 09:16:36 AM
Strange times.

Sounds to me like the Moortown massive did what could be done to “take the foot of the gas” whilst respecting the fact it was a competitive league fixture. The lads aren’t out there playing beach touch rugby, it’s a competitive fixture where injuries can happen at any moment. The second somebody stops trying then somebody gets hurt.

Massive respect to the Bradford lads turning out every week, can’t be an easy situation for the players to be in.

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #21 on: March 13, 2022, 09:57:39 AM
Morning All,

I did say to my rugby colleagues yesterday that I felt our result would bring condemnation from a few. The facts are quite different. I was in constant contact with Bees all week about this fixture. We had mutually agreed to play the game regardless of their player availability issues and we would select a side accordingly. We had three First XV debuts, 11 of the 18 have been at Town since they were 5 years old and as Ben rightly points out the average age of the squad was 22! Many players also played out of position or in new positions for the first time. The Bees Lads know exactly how closely we worked together to get them 15 players on the field and the game was played in great spirits. We didn't out muscle Bees, just ran around them. The contact was very even when it occurred.

After the match one of the Bees players was very emotional. I explained that Town had been here, we'd taken 16 men to Wath and got spanked by 60 points, which we did most weeks at the foot of Yorkshire 2. Quite the contrary to what Ribb says, after the Club purchase it was leased back to the members for 1000 years at £1 per year. Town then invested heavily in its junior section and young players of which we see the rewards today. In my chat with the youngster it was mentioned that they might go back to paying a standardised match fee to recruit players. It was my opinion I stressed that the players should collectively resist this and build on the clear guts and determination they have.

Touching on our time in Yorkshire Two and respect. When playing at Ribb as then the Coach of the side I had crossed words with a former Ribb president who, upon me turning my back proceeded to spit a ball of phlegm at the back of my head and neck. It was only due to his age and the apologies of their committee that things didn't escalate.

I think every team in NE1 has, when they win a song they sing. It brings quite the atmosphere afterwards. We desisted this out of respect and all went into Bees Club for food and beers. I think if anything this fixture strengthened relationships between the two Clubs.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #22 on: March 13, 2022, 10:36:55 AM
It appears ‘town did their best and good for them. And well done to the Bees lads for taking it.

Bees have Scarborough, Driffield and Heath to come in consecutive weeks now - will they all be one-hour games ?

MORLEYBOI

• Finding my feet
Reply #23 on: March 13, 2022, 12:41:45 PM
Feel for Town,no win situation for them but in my opinion it would make sense for bees to pull out of the league and just play friendlies.No good for either team are these results and the last thing you need is an injury to someone whose not capable of playing at this level.Either give everyone 5 points or deduct all points.
It’s the safest way.

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #24 on: March 13, 2022, 01:27:08 PM
Someone's done some maths 😉

Oldandslow

Reply #25 on: March 13, 2022, 01:51:10 PM
It appears ‘town did their best and good for them. And well done to the Bees lads for taking it.

Bees have Scarborough, Driffield and Heath to come in consecutive weeks now - will they all be one-hour games ?

And Bees have to travel to Morpeth on Easter Saturday I’m told.

Rugby01

• One of the boys
Reply #26 on: March 13, 2022, 01:53:41 PM
I think you have got it wrong Flaggy.

My club has been at the wrong end of a couple of 100+ thrashings and in neither case did we feel disrespected by the opposition.

It seems to me that Moortown had a job to do and did it with as much consideration as is possible.

I also believe that B&B should complete the league season if at all possible despite these horrendous results.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #27 on: March 13, 2022, 01:55:55 PM
Talking of maths, if all the Bees’ results were nullified, the top 5 positions would read :

Driffield 76 - with 3 to play
Ilkley 76 - with 4 to play
Heath 69 - with 5 to play
Cleck 65 - with 5 to play

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #28 on: March 13, 2022, 02:04:14 PM
Scarborough were hammered something like 110-0 when we first went up to level 6 in sometahing like 2005(ish? Someone will correct me). Bees had just signed some Tongans who had played in the world cup. We had suffered several retirements from players who felt they had done their bit.

We were destroyed by a semiprofessional outfit and there was no talk of foot off the gas or any concern for our welfare.

I do respect the lads playing at Bees today for sticking at it... however I can't help thinking that there is a direct link between Scarboroughs experience 17 years ago and the state B&B are in now. (I think Sheffield hit a ton against us too!)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 02:05:47 PM by backrowbandit »
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #29 on: March 13, 2022, 02:07:32 PM
Excellent entertainment at Silver Royd yesterday...80th min pen nicked the points for Morpeth who I thought were a very neat looking side..

It would have been an outstanding victory for Scarborough if we had hung on....a team of veterans and babies... (The future is looking very rosy).
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.