$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 2nd team rugby

Author Topic: 2nd team rugby  (Read 1653 times)

Offline south leeds legend

• Legend
    • View Profile
2nd team rugby
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:30:41 AM »
Just trying to find out how other clubs do it.
We if the first team don't have a game flood or in some cases swap the first team into the second team. I personally think it's wrong and neither team (us or opponents) learn anything from this 'friendly' match. I know some of our coaches in the past have said it's good for our lads to get a big score under their belts. But is it?
Only reason I bring this up is we did it at the weekend again and before I go to our committee would like to hear what the yorkshire rugby boys think.
The true south leeds rugby voice!!

Offline taff

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd team rugby
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:26:38 AM »
I agree your fisrt team beats a 2nd xv,so what,  should they not,do
i can see first team players havng a run out,if returning from injury,but other than that ,why mess 2ndxv,players about
if your coach,thinks 1stXv,beating 2ndXv,is good for them,i think he is off the track,and what would happen if they lost

Online Fletch0001

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
SLL if our 1st team players hadnt stepped in there wouldnt have being a game. You know how our 2nd team have struggled all year to get a team. We even lent some players to roundhegians and to yarnbury vets who were playing our vets on the next pitch. If you think theres any 2nd teamers that didnt get a game because of this please provide me the names and i will glady bring this up with the club captain and we can get this sorted out before it becomes a problem.

Offline Moto Moto

• One of the boys
  • You so big...
    • View Profile
2nd team rugby
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »
I'm new to rugby this season, but seems pretty crappy for second team lads to have to step aside so the first team players can have an ego massage by playing lower level opposition and getting a few points, are first team rugby players really that emotionally damaged.... If they are that desperate for a few easy points take it to the next level and play a junior team. It seems to me that it's like going to the gym, bench pressing the same amount you did as a teenager and giving yourself a pat on the back.

And as a 2nd team kind of person, don't I need all the games I can get to improve? First teams by definition should already be well drilled.

I'm going to crawl back into my hole now before some big Yorkshire 1 coach posts and puts me right.....spreadsheet monkey out!

The name so nice when you say it twice

shrekane

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 05:35:02 PM »
Totally agree,it can be soul destoying waiting pre match for your second team fixture knowing the first xv have no game, then seeing some off them walk in the club,dump their kit bag and walk over as if they are a shoe in for the side,it  needs a strong 2nd team captain,to stick to the LADS THAT KEEP THE CLUB GOING WITH A HOME FIXTURE EVER OTHER WEEK ,WHEN THE FIRST TEAM ARE AWAY,KEEPING THE TILLS TICKING OVER.

Offline neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
  • A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »
Fletch not knowing which club we are talking about, if you can run a vets is that not part of your second team problem. Who takes preference when both 2nds and vets are short? Or is your vets like a lot of these sides a "club within a club"?
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Online Fletch0001

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 08:53:52 PM »
Hi there the club im from is the Leeds Corinthians. I dont know what happened this week but generally when the vets have had a game there hasnt being a second team fixture. Out of the vets there is probably 5 or 6 players that help out with the seconds because this year we have really really struggled with players numbers. As i said in my post the only reason 1st teamers stepped in was to make sure the game went ahead otherwise i think our second team would have only had 9 players i think and 3 of those players are very raw so it was our job to get them through the game as without the vets our 2nd team are a very young squad. TBH i hope SLL does goto our committee with his concerns im sure they will tell him what ive just said.

Online Fletch0001

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:06 PM »
As an after thought our vets team try to have one fixture a month.

Offline His Lordship

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • No need to kneel...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 10:13:04 AM »
Please ensure that you don't post comments on behalf of a club that might not be factually correct, either make it your opinion or keep it to yourself.