$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; End of season Y1 7's

End of season Y1 7's

This is a discussion for the topic End of season Y1 7's on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: End of season Y1 7's  (Read 20919 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: February 19, 2011, 08:16:50 PM
I made it down to Silver Royd for the first time. Great game considering conditions. Scarborough very powerful up front, malt played with pace when they could. Scarborough mistake led to malton victory. Ill give more thoughts tomorrow but will make 2 points now.

1. Malton officials went out of their way before the match to say how good the pitch was even though it was wet. This wasn't said after they had won but before hand.
2. Malton were very very gracious in victory. The players, officials and supporters were a credit to their club.

Lastly, No9 (playing 10) took the banter very well, good on him.

hey ho.... almost..

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:01:00 PM by Red Horseman »
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Mr C Gull

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 08:41:56 PM
very dissapointing for the boro fans, it may be unpatriotic to point the finger at individuals in a team game but if i were playing, no grafting my heart out, in the tight five i would be very dissapointed in the performance of several players in key positions. For Malton, pretty poor realy, N0 8 looked the part took a lot of stopping always made the ball available no body else took the eye. As for boros tactical awareness, even reading the SEN, Maltons strength is on the counter attack, yet time and time again scarborough kicked it to a malton player in space. Do scarborough lack any self belief, for most of the game they led the run away league leaders and deservedly so, yet passion emotion and enthusiasm just dont seem to be there, if they are they are kept well hidden. Is this controlled aggression something which is coached, at one point the boro hooker is on the floor injured close to the stand, the rest of the boro players just stand around looking like they are waiting for a bus, not about to create the biggest upset in league history.
On the plus, pitch in good shape now best in league, good crowd for weather and although nobody ever agrees with referee on all points, including taking quick tap penalty from no where near mark or alledged infringement, he had a confident well organised performance giving clarity about his desicions.
Malton can now win every game and the league at a canter but they played their get out of jail free card at Scarborough today.

cauliflower_ear

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:19:37 PM
GUTTED!!! :'( :'( :'(

Pristine Shorts

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 11:23:40 PM
Last game v Ilkley.... think we might do it?

Eustace.L.Boots

• Legend
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 03:08:08 AM
Mr C Gull- 1-18 played with passion and fire. We should have won but didn't. I am gutted but Malton won, fair play to them. Today was never going to be a backs game and if any mistake was made it was a team mistake. Rugby union is such a sport that from time to time key positions will struggle; hookers won't throw straight, props won't lift, jumpers won't catch, etc, etc. Believe me when I say that there is no individual blame today because we outplayed Malton and we know it should have been our win.

Had a few wets with No9 tonight in town. He is a co*k on the forum and a co*k on the pitch but he is actually quite a good guy. Very posh, very naïve, very proud to be from the creche but can't drink for toffee!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 08:38:56 AM
Crowd was 672

Eustace.L.Boots

• Legend
Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 08:51:48 AM
That was very accurate BRB! Plus the 20+ Malton people who got in free because they were running touch.

bighitter

Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 09:44:15 AM
I am Malton through and through and I agree that the Scarborough pack did dominate yesterday and had us on the back foot most of the game. However the two best forwards on the park were Malton No8 and Loose head

However after all the hard work they put in, the mindless, senseless kicks by the young "KIWI" stand-off, he kept putting the ball either straight into touch our our three-quarters hands deserved to be punished, no fewer than 12 counted in the 2nd half......

The Scarborough captain and forward should have got hold of him and said either stick it right down the other end of the field or leave it to the pack who played well together

One person to blame for the Scarborough loss yesterday "Scarborough 10"

wolfman

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 09:52:55 AM
Totally agree with your comments big hitter!

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 10:42:13 AM
That's a very good crowd - I assume one of the Scarborough lads told you that BRB, as well as telling you that the Malton officials commented on the quality of the pitch ;)

Ok it was a local derby and a big game, but the crowd really does show what can be achieved at this level when there is good rugby on show, and when the home team have done so much to provide a great environment in which to watch the game. Have a look at some of the crowds in the Championship and it shows just how good this turn-out was http://www.rugbyroundup.com/league.php?league_id=2&mode=attendance_records#leagueInfo

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 12:17:29 PM
What a surprise - Scarborough yet again fail to play with their "heads up" I'm not talking abour morale here but the ability to look up and see the space ahead or the state of the defensive line. How many times this season have we seen ball kicked from hand straight to the opposition's backs when there are gaping spaces available? How many times have we seen an overlap missed because a player is in head down - charge forward mode? How many times do we see a mismatch in the defensive line ignored? For all the endeavour and spirit we still suffer from a lack of basic tactical nouse. Surely we can coach basic strategies to cope with whatever tactics our opposition choose to adopt. I would like to think our team goes out with a game plan to suit the opposition - IE "this team favour a blitz defence so look to chip over the advancing line to put them on the back foot" or " this team have a very strong counter attacking full back and wing so kick to space or touch". I'd like to think this happens but I just don't see the evidence.
I was going to say I'd like to see a Plan B for when things are not going well but I think most of all I'd like to see a Plan A.
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

no 9

Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 01:52:57 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed my time in Scarborough last night, right up to the point where some skank threw a kebab at me for the way i spoke and because i was wearing chinos.....

Good game, Sboro outplayed us on the day and were unlucky not to get a result!

Eustace.L.Boots

• Legend
Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 02:31:24 PM
Thanks for your post No9! You seem to have learnt some humility after all.

Nice to meet you last night, the Malton boys are a good set of lads but Piawi can't drink!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 03:49:38 PM
Bombardier29  = your comments would seem to fit any rugby team anywhere, i.e. your suggestion on how to play the game. What every coach would like is the players able to do that - we are after all only Y1!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 03:51:35 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed my time in Scarborough last night, right up to the point where some skank threw a kebab at me for the way i spoke and because i was wearing chinos.....

Good game, Sboro outplayed us on the day and were unlucky not to get a result!

Good to see you back no 9 - although with a space in between "no" and "9" now! Fancy you and I being at the same club yesterday, both of our first visits there... maybe our paths crossed!  ;) ;)