$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Good/Bad players

Good/Bad players

This is a discussion for the topic Good/Bad players on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Good/Bad players  (Read 67357 times)

Bat Fastard

• Finding my feet
on: February 17, 2013, 07:45:04 PM
Nearing the end of the season now, it would be nice to see what are people's views on which players have looked good and others who have disappointed this season. Also what would people's league best XV be?
Don't Ruck with Me!

The SlateStealer

• Finding my feet
  • Bareknuckle boxing champion 2009 / Rag n Bone man
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:10:17 PM
Best call for a topic this  1. Sheffield 2. Bev 3. Molton 4.morly 5.pock.  6 bev 7 Pock .  8 bev / cleck  backs.   9. Wheatley  10. Morly  11. Morly .12 bev 13 Molton 14. Pock 15. Morly                                                      I feel as rough as a stuntmans knee

happyhooker

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:18:01 AM
Guru, poor spelling on best players(well cerftainly their team names), and surely picking the worst players is much more likely to promote comment

TMO

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:45:59 AM
Best call for a topic this  1. Sheffield 2. Bev 3. Molton 4.morly 5.pock.  6 bev 7 Pock .  8 bev / cleck  backs.   9. Wheatley  10. Morly  11. Morly .12 bev 13 Molton 14. Pock 15. Morly                                                      I feel as rough as a stuntmans knee

beverley top of the league and only 2 players!
http://www.whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk/
@whitbyref
info@whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk

Burnsy

• A little respect please...
    • Twitter
Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 06:08:00 AM

beverley top of the league and only 2 players!

I counted 4, are you sure you're of able mind to take charge of a game of rugby?
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

The SlateStealer

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 08:11:03 AM
Sorry i did not kno it was a spelling test :) and this is my opinion and yes bev top of the leauge but a champion team is not always full of champions ?

Bat Fastard

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 07:06:05 PM
1. Fran Pickering (Bev)
2. Alex whitaker (M&N)
3. Chris Piper (Cleck)
4. Richard Snowball (Darlo)
5. Oliver Akroyd (Cleck)
6. David Worrall (Bev)
7. Joe Picketts (Bev)
8.  James Holland (Bev)

9. Ian Barker (Wheatley)
10. Phil Duboulay (Bev)
11. Goran Jelencic (Bev)
12. Junior Tupai (Bev)
13   Tomasi Tanumi (Bev)
14. Lee Birch (Bev)
15. Johnny Woodcock (Wheatley)

16. Joe Oselton (Darlo)
17. Jack holborough (Pock)
18.  Mark Chester (Morley)
Don't Ruck with Me!

milburnfc

• Forum old hand
    • Nestle Rowntree RUFC
Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 07:11:20 PM
Can't believe the rise of Jack Holbrough. Was in the same team at school with him. Was a good player then but heard he's turned into a machine and 'scouts are looking at him.'

Beaver

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 08:21:49 PM
Kos. 
Are you trying to insult Rich Bussey. Beverley's leading try scorer, despite missing 8 weeks injured?
Plus no place for Gareth Burns?

vincent

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 08:22:42 PM
1. Turner Cleck solid scrum and carries well
3. Ngalu Tau wheatley  big scrum.
4. Dark haired lad from Durham good in lineouts
6. Middlesbrough cap good at breakdown and gains ground with the ball
7. Worrall I know he plays 6 but strong at breakdown
8. Burns wheatley 20 odd try's and carries well
10. Morley lad Chester? Runs game very well
11. Walker keighley good strong runner hard to stop
12 Tupai bev
13. Tanumi bev both centres carry well and have pace and skill
These are just the ones that have stood out for me so far. Few blanks as I can't pick a standout player in that possision!

Bat Fastard

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 08:54:25 PM
Kos. 
Are you trying to insult Rich Bussey. Beverley's leading try scorer, despite missing 8 weeks injured?
Plus no place for Gareth Burns?

Just an opinion Beaver. And I see a good backrow as one which works together rather than individuals working alone.
Don't Ruck with Me!

Batman

Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 09:02:38 PM
Some good back rowers in this league. One that won't get much of a mention is the blonde haired lad who plays back row for Old Crocs always has a cracking game when he plays against us.

Best 10 has been Ireland from Sheffield pushed closely by the Morley 10

Best hooker is Sam Kerry Beverley hooker, Northerns fullback is a quality player Bird I think it is not sure if he's at Percy Park now.

Impressed with the Beverley 12 when we played them and they're 7 think its James Holland.
WHRUFC.

The SlateStealer

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 09:37:06 PM
I wouldn't have Ngalu tau in my 15 or even top 100 he's that far over the hill he reached the bottom of the other side, as for these so call try scoring machines they may just be lucky and be in the right place at the right time

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 10:30:35 PM
I would have Old Crocs no.8, Ryan Hammond, in the back row, on a flank though as he has been magnificent in rucks, mauls, tackling and covering the pitch ,in both games we've played them.
Chester from Morley has been the best 10 I've played against this season, though Mark Ireland has had good games against us too. Not seen Ryan Lonsdale play this season, but when he's on form no-body can touch him in the centre. The full-back who started the season at Northern was cracking but he's moved to Percy Park. Obviously Beverley have some great players, but I've not seen them this season so can't say too much other than I know from when they were with us, Alex Ogilvie is a workhorse for the size of him and Sam Kerry had a cracker against us, I've been told.

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 10:33:05 PM
I wouldn't have Ngalu tau in my 15 or even top 100 he's that far over the hill he reached the bottom of the other side, as for these so call try scoring machines they may just be lucky and be in the right place at the right time

All 21 of my tries have come through luck and not a jot of hard work, averaging a distance of 4.5 yards per try, so you're probably right.  ;)