$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Relegation Beckoning for Ilkley?

Relegation Beckoning for Ilkley?

This is a discussion for the topic Relegation Beckoning for Ilkley? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Relegation Beckoning for Ilkley?  (Read 3936 times)

PeanutChaser17

• Finding my feet
on: September 19, 2013, 11:20:13 AM
After watching a feeble Ilkley performance last week, I wonder if it is in fact possible for them to slip out of Yorkshire 1 this season. Looking weak in the backs, I wonder if there will be changes.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 12:39:45 PM
Now that would be a shock. Next you'll be saying that Chelsea will lose at home to Basel!!! (lovely city btw, I'd recommend it to anyone. Its good fun jumping into the river Rhine off one of the many bridges that cross it, the current is so fast you can get across the city in no time..... anyhow i digress)

Yes a surprise indeed but not impossible. I had Ilkley down as challengers this year along with York but who knows....

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 02:41:43 PM
Early days, early days.
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Nolly

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 03:22:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, just had to let that one out. Yes, we had a bad day at the office last weekend, it didn't seem to click, we all have them.

You must be forgetting that we beat Doncaster the week before but hey, no point noticing the good matches!

It is early days but we wont be near the bottom of that table this year. We will be at the top battling for promotion.

Sausage Roll

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 03:48:58 PM
Rash shout considering there are teams who haven't won a game yet .....

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 04:32:48 PM
Thought the OP was such an obvious fishing expedition that'd get no bites, but I got proved wrong on that one.
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 05:24:31 PM
.... and both by backs too, which is a bit alarming ! On a historical note,we came up to Yorkshire One with Wath ( they were champions ) and apart from last year, when we did the double on them, they have always proved to be tough opponents.

Incidentally, if you read their and our match reports, you can actually tell it's the same match !

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 05:37:40 PM
Now there's a refreshing change.
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Family Guy

• One of the boys
  • who needs a six pack, i've got a firkin
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 09:16:00 AM
Pristine tried to find the.match report on ilkley site, but can only find the pre-season report's.maybe its me. But where is it locate

PUFFIN FARQUHAR

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 10:57:35 AM
Sorry Fam Guy, our web man has been on hols and back on Sunday. In the meantime, here's a link to it. http://paper.li/ImaginePoland/1376208816

PeanutChaser17

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 12:54:51 PM
To all the negative responses, this was merely an opinion. Granted you can't judge at this stage of the season and people will call upon the result against Doncaster, but if you look deeper into the shape and play Ilkley have adopted this season you must see that they will struggle against the top class Yorkshire 1 sides.

Family Guy

• One of the boys
  • who needs a six pack, i've got a firkin
Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 01:14:09 PM
still early PC in season. Compared to last season i have a feeling that in general there will be more depth of strength in the league, with possibly some unexpected results at times.