$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 21/2/15

Results 21/2/15

This is a discussion for the topic Results 21/2/15 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results 21/2/15  (Read 7415 times)

Cockerz

• One of the boys
on: February 21, 2015, 04:32:47 PM
We (Stocksbridge) won 38-24. Good hard game

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:37:40 PM
Grovians 90-5 burley.  They battled hard all game, good luck for rest of season lads

Dench Winger

• Legend
  • Wingers need speed to suceed
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 04:43:10 PM
We won 23-20 penalty at the end won it ... Won't name any names fabulous kick though
Ilkley Legend, Otliensians Golden boy, Otley RUFC player.

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 04:50:46 PM
Pythons 24 Cas 33. Hard game but gutted not to have got a losing bonus point to go with the 4 try bonus.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:27:07 PM by gateprop »

whistlingjock

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 05:20:28 PM
as reported on the RFU web page

Aireborough 12 - 47 Thornensians
Baildon 21 - 20 Rotherham Phoenix
Bramley Phoenix 24 - 38 Stocksbridge
Harrogate Pythons 24 - 33 Castleford
Hemsworth 20 - 23 Old Otliensians
Northallerton 10 - 22 Old Modernians
Old Grovians 90 - 5 Burley

you can tell I have been having a quiet afternoon!

Relieved

Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 05:30:16 PM
Cas missing a few important players today but still managed a bonus point win. Pythons battled well and will surely have enough to stay up this season.

ClbNrg

• Legend
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 05:38:12 PM
Won't name any names fabulous kick though

LOL as you were lining up that penalty I turned to the Hemsworth supporters behind me and said 'if he get's this its a miracle!'. I take it all back!!

Farcical game at Hems today, scrums went uncontested because our prop was too tall and the scrum was deemed dangerous. This was bad news for Hems as their scrum was a decent platform for them. They were also on the receiving end of some dubious held up decisions.

Not a great Ensians performance but the game descended into farce and it was very difficult for both teams to get on with any meaningful rugby. I do feel a good degree of sympathy for Hems losing this game they way they did, through no fault of their own. The ref was poor for both sides but Hems probably got the $hittier end of the stick today.

Dench Winger Senior

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 06:58:26 PM
There will be no living with him now hahaha! Very strange game! Hemsworth played really well first time I've been there nice set up and very welcoming, there number 8 & 10 very good also the centre that went to PHG. Good luck for the rest of the season

2old4this

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 07:33:24 PM
Glad you enjoyed yr trip to hems, shame about the second half it could and should've been a much better game.

Danny Price

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 07:56:11 PM
I think it is always a bit disrespectful to say "we had a few players out", this is Y3 and not the premiership and most teams struggle to field the same team week in week out. Harrogate made us work for it today and apart from a purple patch for 15 minutes in the second half, which ultimately cemented the result for cas, I think Harrogate were the better team. We just did enough and when we were good we were very, very good but when we were bad we were horrid, and that is because Harrogate did the right things to nullify our threats. Thankfully some of our young talent stepped up to the plate and secured us a bonus point win. Good lads at Harrogate, passionate about their club, and I am glad they have found their own base and much preferred the new pitch, changing rooms and hospitality away from Claro Road. My advice would be stay away from another ground share with mercenary tenants and flourish on your own. Good luck for the rest of the season and make your mark on Y3 next year. Hopefully we won't be there with you, but if we are we know we are guaranteed two good contests against the Pythons

Greenmachine

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 08:02:59 PM
An under strength Grovians managed to post 90 points against a game Burley team that managed to have about 65% of possession. It was a game which clearly showed that there is no substitute for pace. Burley looked like a big well gymed team that had not spent enough time running or practicing passing the ball. Grovians have a big match with Modernians next week. A win there will make promotion very likely.

Too Old But Cant Stop

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 08:14:42 PM
Had to take one of our lads to hospital during the OG's game, and we were quickly joined by a young lad from Aireborough and one of the OG's lads.

Rough old game this!

Speedy Python

• One of the boys
Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 08:17:27 PM
your comments are much appreciated cas coach. was great to hear your lads singing the praises for our new ground and facilities in the pub after. the pitch certainly encourages good open rugby and your lads stepped up to the mark. good luck for the rest of the season!

Pig

• One of the boys
Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 08:29:26 PM
An under strength Grovians managed to post 90 points against a game Burley team that managed to have about 65% of possession. It was a game which clearly showed that there is no substitute for pace. Burley looked like a big well gymed team that had not spent enough time running or practicing passing the ball. Grovians have a big match with Modernians next week. A win there will make promotion very likely.

But disrespectful re Burley that, good set if lads down there. Yes you boys have benefited from some new signings in the backs, which you needed, but no need to criticise Burley. You won, well played, be humble.

Danny Price

• One of the boys
Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 08:36:24 PM
Very big pitch Speedy and it was hard work for this old man chasing your fast backs around all day. Thought your backline was spot on and your young 13 who started against me today was a good player who will get better and better. Thought he deserved your MOM. Did you play today speedy? Think you can run in some big scores if you keep playing with confidence and throw the ball around