$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Bramley Points deduction

Bramley Points deduction

This is a discussion for the topic Bramley Points deduction on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Bramley Points deduction  (Read 47272 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #105 on: February 21, 2016, 06:12:18 PM
The Bramley team as they are now would come straight back up from Yorkshire 4. They have some very good players, especially in the backs. Would all those players stay though?

Too Old But Cant Stop

• Forum old hand
Reply #106 on: February 21, 2016, 06:40:04 PM
Wiljim seems to have total disrespect for Y4, Don't know why, look at Stocksbridge, Otliensians Halifax. All seem to be holding their own in the dizzy heights of Y3. Teams that have come down previously don't seem to get promoted straight away.
It appears that Bramley do not have repeat offenders but different individuals who appear before the Disciplinary Panel. The RFU should drop them from the league's for a season and perhaps the individual offenders should not be allowed to transfer for a similar period. Why should Y4 be lumbered with them.

Wilyjim is a bell end!

Dench Winger

• Legend
  • Wingers need speed to suceed
Reply #107 on: February 21, 2016, 06:56:39 PM
Haha willyjim your posts contain more bull than mine and I do it on purpose
Ilkley Legend, Otliensians Golden boy, Otley RUFC player.

Sycamore

• Legend
Reply #108 on: February 21, 2016, 07:47:38 PM
Anyone who thinks he's been serious needs a humour transplant he's evidently having a laugh.

As for not having repeat offenders I'm guessing you've not had the pleasure of watching them or played against them,as mentioned one of the names on that disciplinary report has played since juniors and has been known to mix it up.

Ben 10

• Finding my feet
Reply #109 on: February 21, 2016, 08:31:45 PM
Wiljim seems to have total disrespect for Y4, Don't know why, look at Stocksbridge, Otliensians Halifax. All seem to be holding their own in the dizzy heights of Y3. Teams that have come down previously don't seem to get promoted straight away.
It appears that Bramley do not have repeat offenders but different individuals who appear before the Disciplinary Panel. The RFU should drop them from the league's for a season and perhaps the individual offenders should not be allowed to transfer for a similar period. Why should Y4 be lumbered with them.

Doesn't he just.... Shame as the Y4 teams seem to have some famous faces 'popping' up to help out. Shame they couldn't find time to make themselves available to Y3 clubs eh?!!

http://www.englandrugby.com/news/spotlight-sheffield-oaks-rufc-the-mcgeechan-the-rescue/

Wilyjim

• Forum old hand
Reply #110 on: February 22, 2016, 04:42:59 PM
What do you do when clubs are failing Ben10? You call in the experts...
Doubt even the former Lions coach can save Sheffield Oaks though. The only thing that will save them is a significant investment. I'm talking new management, new facilities and some Fijian imports.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:47:11 PM by Wilyjim »

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #111 on: February 22, 2016, 05:02:23 PM
I'm surprised the RFU haven't appointed Wily Jim as head coach for England. With his ideas of blindly throwing money at problems, relying on oversea players and how 10 points will keep a club (20 points from the drop zone) afloat it seems like he is the perfect man the RFU were looking for! He could completely gut grassroots rugby in just a few years!

Also, what powers of persuasion! I never thought there could be someone who makes me agree with Dench. Where's that emoji of the bull and the smiling poo?
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

Wilyjim

• Forum old hand
Reply #112 on: February 22, 2016, 07:02:26 PM
Don't see why this has got so personal. Perhaps baildons terrible performances this year have riled the BoatRacer! And joking aside, as I've previously stated, I have been consulted for extended periods by the RFU regarding regional development plans, so please lets keep these RFU jokes to a minimum.

I am allowed an opinion, and maybe that opinion is a little too ambitious for the 'traditionalists' on here. All I would say is that clubs don't run themselves on nothing! And we must keep striving for professionalism and results in all areas of the game.

Ben 10

• Finding my feet
Reply #113 on: February 22, 2016, 09:12:48 PM
Don't see why this has got so personal. Perhaps baildons terrible performances this year have riled the BoatRacer! And joking aside, as I've previously stated, I have been consulted for extended periods by the RFU regarding regional development plans, so please lets keep these RFU jokes to a minimum.

I am allowed an opinion, and maybe that opinion is a little too ambitious for the 'traditionalists' on here. All I would say is that clubs don't run themselves on nothing! And we must keep striving for professionalism and results in all areas of the game.

Jesus...... Expect napalm strikes on Mosborough, Skipton, Knaresborough, Garforth and Hornsea then

Ben 10

• Finding my feet
Reply #114 on: February 22, 2016, 09:15:23 PM
What do you do when clubs are failing Ben10? You call in the experts...
Doubt even the former Lions coach can save Sheffield Oaks though. The only thing that will save them is a significant investment. I'm talking new management, new facilities and some Fijian imports.

Wow, there's a bitter man. Perhaps you should loan out a few of your Fijians to Sheffield Oaks.... and maybe they'll lend you Sir Ian!!

Too Old But Cant Stop

• Forum old hand
Reply #115 on: February 22, 2016, 09:21:19 PM
I can imagine with such a pathetic view on any team who may find themselves struggling, or who may play in a league below a level he finds acceptable he was a real asset to the RFU regional development team. 

Ben 10

• Finding my feet
Reply #116 on: February 22, 2016, 09:23:25 PM
I can imagine with such a pathetic view on any team who may find themselves struggling, or who may play in a league below a level he finds acceptable he was a real asset to the RFU regional development team.

I pity the minions of those who play in Y4. And Y5....... I would not even bother unclogging my nose in their general direction!

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #117 on: February 22, 2016, 09:56:23 PM

[attachment deleted by admin]
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

Dench Winger

• Legend
  • Wingers need speed to suceed
Reply #118 on: February 23, 2016, 03:22:21 PM
Well...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ilkley Legend, Otliensians Golden boy, Otley RUFC player.

NoNothing

• Forum old hand
Reply #119 on: February 24, 2016, 08:43:29 AM
Odd thing is that it is the clubs in Y4 and 5 who need the most help from any grass roots initiative. Jim will know that from his extensive consultations.

There are some good quality players in 5 and some excellent ones in 4. The emphasis on some. They play in the league they do for various reasons and not all to do with the standard or professionalism.

Clubs like Thirsk, Rossington and Wibsey in 5 have hard working committees struggling to keep sides together and build something that gives an opportunity for all to get or stay involved in rugby. They don't have the support or resources that their more professional neighbours do but keep going despite all the odds.

Hallamshire are a great set of lads but dropped out of the league due to the short sightedness of the YRFU.

If Jim is representative of the administrators in the game I am less perplexed by the seeming lack of interest in a club trying to build from nothing. Clearly the desire is to concentrate on supporting established clubs no matter what their behaviour on or off the pitch.

I always thought Bramley got a bum rap over a few idiots but if things have got that bad it is perhaps time to expel them from the league, force them to play friendlies or merit leagues and entertain an application to rejoin once sufficient progress has been made.

That would prevent the lower standard clubs who try to do things properly having to put up with their poison while they try to follow the example of Grovians, Wetherby, Pythons or medics
Waj: We'll blow something up.
Omar: What we gonna blow up Waj?
Waj: Internet.