$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 21 predictions BACK TO 3PM kick offs

Week 21 predictions BACK TO 3PM kick offs

This is a discussion for the topic Week 21 predictions BACK TO 3PM kick offs on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Week 21 predictions BACK TO 3PM kick offs  (Read 6470 times)

old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
on: February 28, 2016, 11:34:49 PM
With the return to 3 pm kick offs surely summer weather and champagne rugby must be just arround the corner. Probable one of the biggest weekends this season in deciding who stays up and who goes down with the bottom 4 all playing each other.

Baildon v Aireborough - massive game for both teams hopes of survival real 10 pointer just favouring airborough but fag paper in it between them.
Halifax v Old Otliensians - nothing but pride to play for so taking fax to make most of home advantage.
Harrogate Pythons v Thornensians - Thorne promotion truck to keep on rolling but if full strengh gate will make them work for it.
Northallerton v Leeds Medics and Dentists - Norths at home to boss the students and then buy them a pint afterwards.
Rotherham Phoenix   v Bramley Phoenix - Roth picked up a bit of late and bramley been poor away from home but with this now being must win for them i think Bramley will take strong enough side to secure the 5 points.
Stocksbridge v Leeds Modernians - anouther nothing but pride game so again going for home team win.
Wetherby   v Goole - this game really deserves to be played in better conditions as these two back divisions would be a pleasure to watch up against each other in sunnier times, the weather should favour wetherbys stronger pack so think the wetherbys unbeatun run will roll on anouther week to almost secure that promotion place.

Good luck all have fun

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:19:27 PM
Baildon v Aireborough - huge game for both, but with Aire having a couple of games in hand Baildon need it more. Home win in a close game.
Halifax v Otliensians - better conditions should favour Otliensians.
Pythons v Thornensians - fairly close game last time we met so looking forward to this one. Thorne on a really good run of form so will have to be at our best to get something out of this game.
Northallerton v Leeds Medics - interesting game this. North's pack should dominate but with better conditions Medics backs could make things difficult.
Rotherham v Bramley - absolute must win for Bramley so backing them to overcome a resurgent Rotherham.
Stocksbridge v Leeds Mods - not a lot to choose between these two but Stocks have a good home record.
Wetherby v Goole - close contest in the backs but Wetherby got far too much in the forwards.

thorne 123

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:40:27 PM
Baildon v Aireborough - airebourgh if they put same team out as against us
Halifax v Otliensians - home advantage
Pythons v Thornensians - got back ourselves looking forward to the game
Northallerton v Leeds Medics - interesting game this. North's pack to strong at home
Rotherham v Bramley home win Rotherham have turned the corner
Stocksbridge v Leeds Mods - home win nobody like the trip to Sheffield
Wetherby v Goole -Wetherby got far too much in the forwards.

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 11:48:40 AM
Baildon v Aireborough - so up for this. I bet both teams are. Except for our captain, who has decided to fly to Germany to watch Dortmund.
Halifax v Old Otliensians - Halifax could sneak this one for me. Otliensians been up and down.
Harrogate Pythons v Thornensians - Can't see them dropping any points here.
Northallerton v Leeds Medics and Dentists - More champagne rugby from North to weave their way inbetween the slow Medics
Rotherham Phoenix   v Bramley Phoenix -Hoping for the best possible result. A draw.
Stocksbridge v Leeds Modernians - Mods off form lately. Stocks in a five pointer
Wetherby   v Goole - Brain says Wetherby, heart says Goole as I don't want the former to stay unbeaten in the league. This is probably their last hurdle
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 01:18:39 PM
BB - plenty of more hurdles for Wetherby 6 more league games incl Thorne and yourselves, 5 more cup games (2 YST and 3 National vase) so 11 games in total for them if they are to complete the season unbeatun and get the treble. One game at a time has to be the approach.

ClbNrg

• Legend
Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 03:04:44 PM
Baildon v Aireborough - Huge game for both, based on our last game with Baildon and home advantage going for them in a close one.

Halifax v Old Otliensians - Always a tough place to go but our lads have managed to string 3 wins on the bounce together so hopefully we can maintain this momentum.

Harrogate Pythons v Thornensians - Thorne to keep Goole at bay with another win.

Northallerton v Leeds Medics and Dentists - North are good at home. There have been occasions where we have had success out wide against North at their spot and the students are more than capable of punishing North out wide. If it is kept tight then North but I think LMD can pull off a close away win.

Rotherham Phoenix   v Bramley Phoenix - Bramley need the points and are a more than capable side. Bramley for me.

Stocksbridge v Leeds Modernians - Home win as Bridge know how to play their pitch.

Wetherby   v Goole - Its a shame Goole are not stronger up front as both teams are well matched in the backs but the forward strength of Wetherby will give them the advantage.

Good luck all.

AireRUFC

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:39:34 AM
Baildon Boatracer - you going to get your pitch cleared in time for the game to be on tomorrow?

thorne 123

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 02:39:14 PM
Harrogate v Thorne is off waterlogged pitch gate prop can you confirm

gateprop

Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 03:08:58 PM
Yes it's off. Last couple of days has been non-stop snow alternating with rain.

thorne 123

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 03:29:12 PM
I believe we are going to try again next Saturday pal

gateprop

Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 04:01:44 PM
I think we've got a match against Leeds Medics. Looking at our fixtures it looks like we have fixtures every week so may have to pull out of the cup on 26th March to get the Thorne game played. Otherwise it'll be 30th April. That's just going off the fixture list, I'll leave the details to the secretaries.

AireRUFC

• One of the boys
Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 04:39:05 PM
Don't forget you've got us on the 7th May as well Gate prop.....long season!!

gateprop

Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 04:58:10 PM
Might as well just play through till next season at this rate!

selall

• One of the boys
Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 05:21:20 PM
No alternative venues for you to play, I'm sure Wetherby would lend you a pitch. Our twos game has just been moved to kboro

Wilyjim

• Forum old hand
Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 11:01:32 AM
Can anyone shed any light on which games are ON and which games are OFF today? Have been informed some clubs are struggling with pitches due to recent poor weather (Baildon, Stocks, Fax etc)

Personally quite keen to go and watch the Northallerton game if on. Can someone inform me please either way. North the form team currently and recent results and statistical analysis would suggest a comfortable win.... but with dry conditions never write off those bloody students! Also need I remind North of the score the last time they hosted the students...

Cant predict this one, will be a cracker