$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scabs partner up with college with "Elite" Academy.

Scabs partner up with college with "Elite" Academy.

This is a discussion for the topic Scabs partner up with college with "Elite" Academy. on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Scabs partner up with college with "Elite" Academy.  (Read 3865 times)

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Looks a very exciting opportunity in Scarborough for the local lads;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JMuI0TBqYw

But will this be under pressure from the newly formed Bishop Burton scheme in the area?

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 10:00:38 PM
Bishop has been going for 10 years!!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

porkies

Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 10:41:23 PM
Well it's another sure sign that Scarb is gathering momentum to launch itself into the  National leagues ; they must be odds on favourite for the Y1 title next season !

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 07:05:36 AM
This isn't going to make a bit of difference for next season but it may down the road. The more interesting plans are the second stage of the Academy for 18-21 year olds run by the club and linked to the university. That's not ready to launch yet but could be exciting.

As with most of what we do its about growing the sport in the town, making rugby the first sport of choice and providing opportunities rather than boosting the first 1st xv. Bradford & Bingley , DP, hull Ionions and Sheffield tigers have their ways of doing things and we have ours.

Sail By

Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 02:11:58 PM
I am aware that Bishop Burton has been there for 10 years, but not like it is now.
Yorkshire Carnegie have seen that their is a gap on the east coast and have now formed a partnership to provide "Elite" coaching from the age of 13 up to 17.

If any of the boys are "Elite" I am sure that they will be pushed to apply to go there!

Whilst I applaud the vision I think that you will struggle to keep the "Elite".

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 03:42:24 PM
On this one I'm afraid you're way behind the curve. The plans that are in hand with the new Coventry university in S/boro coupled with two premiership clubs will blow the struggling BB academy out of the water. Even without what is planned BB is in decline. We will be attracting in the future not losing....

Sail By

Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 06:48:54 PM
That is really good news!!

Sail By

Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 09:51:11 AM
Just read a report on the "Boundary Review" of premiership clubs and RFU academies.
The implications of a club working outside their boundaries are very interesting.

This would have a big impact on partnerships like the one with BB and Leicester Tigers or any other within the area.
This must be why BB have forged an alliance with Yorkshire Carnegie.