$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Ins and Outs

Author Topic: Ins and Outs  (Read 53306 times)

Offline His Lordship

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • No need to kneel...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Twitter
Ins and Outs
« on: May 09, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »
I can't remember who mentioned this on another thread, but I'll create the 'sticky' where members can post changes within the teams in Y1. Players leaving, signing, rumours over changes in coaching staff etc etc. BRB has already mentioned a couple of players from SA who could (will?) be on their way to Scarborough. I'm sure the guys at Scarborough must have passed that information on to him ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:59:41 PM by backrowbandit »

Offline The Enforcer

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
Re: Ins and Outs
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 04:15:56 PM »
Thought you had started another thread about the delights of Dinnington`s woodlands when i saw that thread title  ;D ;D ;D ;D
The sword of moderation shall fall heavy upon the ungenerous .

Offline YorkshireExile

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »
It was me, Steve. Just thought it might keep some interest going through the close season.

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with ;)
Winner of the Pundits League 2012-13
Runner-up 2014-2015

Offline His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:17:03 PM »
Thought you had started another thread about the delights of Dinnington`s woodlands when i saw that thread title  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Very funny.... :-*

Agree YorkshireExile - should create some good chatter throughout the quiet summer momnths.

Offline JD

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 07:39:28 PM »
just heard 2 Malton players are moving to another local club in y1. There is money involved. good luck
El cario que te tengo
No te lo puedo negar
Se me sale la babita
Yo no lo puedo evitar

Offline Batman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Names and Postions ?

Not a good sign if the champions cant hold on to there players
WHRUFC.

Offline freddie23

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
could JD be referring to a certain seaside club inticing, a players from say, a certain rural Tongan suburb? Just a guess.....

Offline csi

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:14:41 PM »
Have heard the ym will not pay a penny to anyone and that if they do the coaching staff/commmmiiittttteeee and half the players will walk. The rational is that youth development is the way forward and that there cannot be a boom and bust policy of the past and that many teams in the Hudderfield/Halifax area have learned a lession from Halifax. Also with huddersfield picking up players and spending money they feel that 1st team rugby, beer kity for all ( 1st,2nd, vets and new this year: development team) and stash should get 1 or 2 players in their ranks. I also think that the policy was enhanced this week by Rishies who paid a lot of money for one player and when he went the results speak for themselves.

Offline JD

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 11:41:07 PM »
Money Talks
El cario que te tengo
No te lo puedo negar
Se me sale la babita
Yo no lo puedo evitar

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 12:29:41 AM »
Get your facts right CSI. We knew that life in Y2 would be difficult with or without our former player coach. The Halifax set up is entirely different. They have no mini & Junior set up. We have 260 members in 7 years and its still growing.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 08:25:37 AM »
All newcomers to the Y1 board please note:

Any post that starts with or contains the words "I've heard" has no basis in fact - the exception being those posted by myself - so don't get drawn into it.  Verify things through your Moderator before wasting your time chasing smoke and mirrors.  8)
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 08:30:38 AM »
I've heard that Red Horseman is actually a good bloke and is always first to the bar.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline csi

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »
First and formost was not having a go at rishies, however the positon they are in is false. Built on money and they have paid the price, the amount of money that person was on is only paid in the national leagues, to very good players. Teams that pay money risk the future not only of their club but the sport itself.  When the money has gone what happens to the players? They move on. Teams must  evolve at a natural rate or they will die. You only have to look at Yorkshire teams that used to be big and are now in the lower depths. Yes Rishies have a great junior section now!!!!!!!!!!! But four years ago it was still in its infancy and the seeds of this season were sown 4 years ago, 3 years of low level success and this season. Ps Halifax have had to go back to the future and have started a junior section. All of the above is fact. So i have heard.

Matthew Hopkins

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »
Isn't this meant to be the Y1 section of the forum?
No idea who 'rishies' are, and have even less interest in their affairs.
At least we had a decent Moderator in NE1 who would step in when this sort of drivel appeared!

Offline hoodie

• 4TOTTY
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »
This tells me that Driffield must be the be all and end all of rugby, at least in Mr Hopkins eyes.
Surely, Keeping an eye on developments of other clubs in, above and below your own league you play in would be more beneficial in all aspects of the game!!!?
Are Driffield too good for this league and feel aggrieved to play against such little clubs such as ours??
"You are as good as your last game", a coach told me once and I past that remark to my kids, this statment also applies in league your in.
Your Yorkshire one now, if not, prove it with promotion, good luck with your campain, hope you know how to use the sat nav  :D
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.