$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results

Results

This is a discussion for the topic Results on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results  (Read 10184 times)

Lads Dad

• Finding my feet
on: March 25, 2017, 06:20:22 PM
Knottingley 10 - Goole 27 don't anyone try telling my lads that Knottla are trying to throw it, they gave us a real battle in the true Knottla style real hard rugby with no quarter asked or given.

ClbNrg

• Legend
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 06:45:48 PM
Castleford 17 - 12 Baildon
Halifax Vandals 59 - 12   Halifax
Knottingley   10 - 27 Goole
Leeds Medics and Dentists 31 - 19 Harrogate Pythons
Leeds Modernians 32 - 12 Old Otliensians
Stocksbridge 31 - 10 Northallerton
Wensleydale 95 - 12 Aireborough

marky mark

• Legend
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 06:49:56 PM
Knottingley 10 - Goole 27 don't anyone try telling my lads that Knottla are trying 4to throw it, they gave us a real battle in the true Knottla style real hard rugby with no quarter asked or given.
We always play who is available and always give our best, tough battle today,pity we didn't come out of the blocks until you were 17-0 up, you will do ok next year, lots of passion today
If at first you dont succeed give in your probably rubbish !

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 06:51:57 PM
Aire ???????????? what happened?

Very close game at Cas today. We led for most of the match 5-12. Not sure who started it (apologies if it was us) but a scrap of handbags led our players to run in. Meanwhile, Cas player waltzed in unopposed to the posts. Heads went down and they got another to win it. Disappointed today as I'll discipline cost us the match but congratulations to Cas. Loved the mint rajita sauce for teas
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

Lads Dad

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 07:01:57 PM
Thanks Mark but we're not there yet.
We are playing every game as if it is a cup final at the moment and hopefully that will stand us in good stead for the Junior Vase.
I have said it before but it is really good to see our youngsters developing into men as the season progresses and we must thank the youth development policy at Goole.
Don't worry about giving kids a chance they may very well surprise you.

Pig

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 07:32:22 PM
Delighted with our win today at home to Ensians, great game of rugby for 60 minutes until we pulled away. I'm sure Ensians were under strength a bit but everyone is to a point....it's irrelevant how strong your 'first XV' are if they aren't available every week.

On another note I've played in lots of these derby games where there has been a bit of niggle and there was none of that today, just good honest rugby from both teams ..... I wonder if that had anything to do with Mr Arbuckle not making the trip??? 

PS looking forward to the trip to Cas next week by the sound of their teas!

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 08:47:51 PM
Vandals vs Halifax today was a display between a side with confidence and fitness vs a side with nothing to play for and a lack of fitness. First half, the  Vandals under performed and in all honestly played like a side thinking the game was won from kick off.
Halifax saw to it that they were reminded exactly what game they were playing. In the second half Vandals picked up their game. Halifax looked tired and penalties started to stack up against them. That gave Vandals the field position, the incentive and the points. Good luck to both sides in their prospective futures, one in Y2 the other in Y4. I think both will be fine in their respective leagues next year.
Final note on the ref. Well done. In the first half it could have become a total mess but he led it well and the players on both sides played the game in the manner he wanted it played.

ClbNrg

• Legend
Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 09:03:34 PM
Delighted with our win today at home to Ensians, great game of rugby for 60 minutes until we pulled away. I'm sure Ensians were under strength a bit but everyone is to a point....it's irrelevant how strong your 'first XV' are if they aren't available every week.

On another note I've played in lots of these derby games where there has been a bit of niggle and there was none of that today, just good honest rugby from both teams ..... I wonder if that had anything to do with Mr Arbuckle not making the trip??? 

Yes good game pig.

We rested 5 or so as we have the aire wharfe on Tuesday but you can only beat who is put in front of you.

Mods forced us into silly mistakes. Strong running side and the black kid in the centres is obviously not a rugby player but bloody hell he is rapid. Track and field for that kid surely?

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 09:09:36 PM
Quick side note, well done Wensleydale! That's a huge result for a well run, well respected club. Great set of lads that earn and deserve everything they got today.

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 09:14:02 PM

Yes good game pig.

We rested 5 or so as we have the aire wharfe on Tuesday but you can only beat who is put in front of you.

Mods forced us into silly mistakes. Strong running side and the black kid in the centres is obviously not a rugby player but bloody hell he is rapid. Track and field for that kid surely?
Bit naughty.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

ClbNrg

• Legend
Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 09:20:16 PM
Why is that stella?

avinastella

Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 09:28:26 PM
Why is that stella?
You need it explaining??

What about saying the useless white kid in your centres....?

ClbNrg

• Legend
Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 09:34:49 PM
The skinny kid at 10 kicked well.

The bald headed prop scrummaged well.

The gangly second row was good in the line out.

The short kid on the wing had a good step.

OK with the above?

avinastella

Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 09:39:34 PM
If you think that's ok, so be it.
Up to you.

Pig

• One of the boys
Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 09:41:30 PM
The skinny kid at 10 kicked well.

The bald headed prop scrummaged well.

The gangly second row was good in the line out.

The short kid on the wing had a good step.

OK with the above?

Ha ha I'm not offended and I'm sure the lad won't be.

To be fair though, he nearly snapped his opposite number in half twice so there is more to his game than pace....

Interesting call testing players for the Aire Wharfe but each to their own. Focusing on the Silver Trophy I understand but Aire Wharfe seems odd.