News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Sat 3rd October

Started by Differ Lid, Sep 30, 2026, 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Differ Lid

Round 2 fixtures might start to tell us alittle more about sides credentials

Ilkley vs Scunthorpe
I think last weeks results and Ilkleys team sheet shows they aren't the side that finished 3rd last season just yet and Scunthorpe will be strong after a good result against Hull.
Scunthorpe Win

Middlesbrough vs Scarborough
Middlesbrough without Hodgson last week came unstuck. If he is playing will make a big difference to the result. But going to go with Scarborough getting off to the perfect start before I see the team sheets.
Scarborough Win

North Ribblesdale vs Sandal
I think this game will tell us if North Ribblesdale have what it takes to be competitive in the league. Sandal seem to start the season strong or finish strong. So will go with the strong start
Sandal Win

Hull vs Alnwick.
This will be a bruising game that's for sure. I will have to go with Alnwick being the league favourites.
Alnwick Win

Driffield vs Blaydon
Not sure what to take from the Blaydon draw at York. Some reports suggest that Blaydon were the better side with some dangerous back, and York not up to much other than the scrum.
Driffield Win

Northern vs York
Dont think we learn to much from this game. If York are reliant on the scrum we maybe find out what Northerns forwards are about. Think home advantage will be the key
Northern Win

Pristine Shorts

Ilkley vs Scunthorpe

I think last weeks results and Ilkleys team sheet shows they aren't the side that finished 3rd last season just yet and Scunthorpe will be strong after a good result against Hull.
Scunthorpe Win

I presume you mean last week's team sheet, as this week's isn't out yet. Last week, we had  Harry Harrison and Jack Hamilton permanently missing ( Heath and Leeds Tykes respectively ) and Charles Morgan ( paternity leave )

I think we we will be at full strength on Saturday, so we'll see - certainly going to be very tough.

Oh, and we finished fourth, though by quite a distance.










Yari

Ilkley vs Scunthorpe
Match of the day. Scunthorpe last time round had a great away record. Could be an exchange of lead right until the final whistle. But i'm going for a tight Scunthorpe win.

Middlesbrough vs Scarborough
Could be a couple of the sides battling it out at the bottom of the table in weeks to come. Scarborough just managed to beat a weakened Ilkley side. Close game, but going for a Middlesbrough win.

North Ribblesdale vs Sandal
Sandals experience at this level to play a role in this. Sandal win.

Hull vs Alnwick.
Hull have a big pack, but Alnwick have a big mobile pack. Can't see Hull getting much from this, unless Alnwick don't travel well.
Alnwick Win

Driffield vs Blaydon
Blaydon suprised me last week with some new faces making their impact, so are probably a better side than last year. Nevertheless, I don't think they have enough here.
Driffield Win

Northern vs York
Last week wasn't much to indicate Northerns (or North Ribblesdales) ability to perform at this level. York seem to have a few familiar faces back, but are clearly needing to iron some wrinkles out to get back to where they were.
York win

Differ Lid

Quote from: Pristine Shorts on Sep 30, 2026, 06:40 PMIlkley vs Scunthorpe

I think last weeks results and Ilkleys team sheet shows they aren't the side that finished 3rd last season just yet and Scunthorpe will be strong after a good result against Hull.
Scunthorpe Win

I presume you mean last week's team sheet, as this week's isn't out yet. Last week, we had  Harry Harrison and Jack Hamilton permanently missing ( Heath and Leeds Tykes respectively ) and Charles Morgan ( paternity leave )

I think we we will be at full strength on Saturday, so we'll see - certainly going to be very tough.

Oh, and we finished fourth, though by quite a distance.











Yes that's what I was meaning, 3 big names not on the team sheet last Saturday from the team of last season

Bin Juice

Ilkley vs Scunthorpe
Ikley look to be missing a lot from last season. Not sure Magee can carry them to victory on his own.
Scunthorpe

Middlesbrough vs Scarborough
Scarborough will be bouyant after their opening round victory. But I don't think it means as much as some of the faithful believe. Middlesbrough should be too much at home, even without Hodgson.
Middlesbrough

Hull vs Alnwick
Alnwick seem to be everyone's favourites for this season. Hard to disagree. It all depends what ex pros Hull can field. Seeing their teamsheet last week it was easy to understand why they lost. Think it'll be another defeat for them this week.
Alnwick

Driffield vs Blaydon
Blaydon on their travels again and by all accounts unlucky not to pick up the victory last week. This will be a close game but I don't think Driffield are as strong as they once were. Blaydon backs to run riot.
Blaydon

Northern vs York
Depsite the rugby league pair at 10 and 12 York didn't do much other than scrum. Think Northern may match them here. Northern to just scrape this, unless Dean has lots of kick able penalties.
Northern

North Ribblesdale vs Sandal
First home game for Ribb. I think they may just get their first victory as Sandal don't travel well.
North Ribb

Range

Ilkley v Scunthorpe - Scunthorpe will be up there this season and I'm expecting them to pick up an away win here and go 2 from 2.

Middlesbrough v Scarborough - first road trip for Scarborough and expect it will be another very tough game but going with Scarborough to win by less than 7.

Hull v Alnwick - a long road trip to Ull for Alnwick but think they will take the away win with 4 tries.

Driffield v Blaydon - not followed Blaydon much but suspect that the Driff lads will bounce back from last week and take their first win of the season in a tight game.

Northern v York - think this will be a tougher battle for Northern than their game last week. However I think home advantage will show through for them and take a home win for northern.

North Ribb v Sandal - over to the dales for Sandal. I'm going for a big Sandal win!!!