$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; todays fixtures

todays fixtures

This is a discussion for the topic todays fixtures on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: todays fixtures  (Read 7080 times)

just passing by

• One of the boys
Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 10:46:36 PM
It’s becoming quite noticeable that when asked to justify a thoughtless remark rather than admit it was another blue sky moment you were having, you resort to the rather childish trait of hurling abuse from a distance. Why not spend a moment or two having a rock in your chair before making thoughtless remarks.

Age is a high price to pay for maturity

Builders mate

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: December 16, 2018, 09:02:05 AM
It’s becoming quite noticeable that when asked to justify a thoughtless remark rather than admit it was another blue sky moment you were having, you resort to the rather childish trait of hurling abuse from a distance. Why not spend a moment or two having a rock in your chair before making thoughtless remarks.

It's because he lacks vocabulary.
He Is also deluded enough to believe what he writes and, he is oblivious to how unpopular he is.

Silverroyd seat warmer

• One of the boys
Reply #17 on: December 16, 2018, 09:40:00 AM
Sounds like there was provocation! No player runs in throwing punches unless they are reacting to perceived foul play. Looks like the culprit who instigated the reaction went unpunished!
And as always the Pre match pxxx heads who chunter drivel from the balcony, claim innocence  for the Scarborough boys, as always!!
I disagree. A "victim" of something underhand might have a reason to retaliate, but not a justification. Another player, running in from a distance, to throw punches has no justification whatsoever, especially on someone sitting on the ground. (Hardly a threatening position.)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 11:52:12 AM

It's because he lacks vocabulary.
He Is also deluded enough to believe what he writes and, he is oblivious to how unpopular he is.

I was becoming increasingly concerned that Builders Mate was losing his infatuation....but I'm pleased to see my worries were ill-founded!

I have just been watching the offending incident in full colour HD whilst enjoying a morning coffee in our new cafe-bar at Silver Royd. All I will say is that to suggest that the Scarborough player pinned on the ground (with only his head exposed) provoked anything is quite laughable.

I will not comment anymore at this point as I do not want to have any influence on the disciplinary meeting but may in due course post the footage (after it has been dealt with). Then everyone can draw their own conclusions as to whether the player who was sent from the field was correctly judged.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:54:00 PM by backrowbandit »
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 12:51:41 PM
Sounds like there was provocation! No player runs in throwing punches unless they are reacting to perceived foul play. Looks like the culprit who instigated the reaction went unpunished!
And as always the Pre match pxxx heads who chunter drivel from the balcony, claim innocence  for the Scarborough boys, as always!!
I disagree. A "victim" of something underhand might have a reason to retaliate, but not a justification. Another player, running in from a distance, to throw punches has no justification whatsoever, especially on someone sitting on the ground. (Hardly a threatening position.)
No provocation whatsoever. The “culprit” was pinned in a ruck but adjudged to have not rolled away. The referee had awarded a penalty to Brid and was going to and did, yellow card our player. The rest is as described previously. Only the Brid 12 knows why he did what he did but it was disgusting behaviour compounded by the fact he attacked our player from behind. Also I am a pre and post match p155head
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

Rugbyrugbyrugby

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: December 16, 2018, 02:05:11 PM
Brid have no complaints about the red card.

Not sure how much the footage shows, but there was a grapple on the floor, A brid player on top of a scarborough player. however it was the Scarborough player who was very much the anatagoniser, misusing his knee several times like some UFC fighter while holding the brid player down.

You are a fool to think just because a player is on top of someone means they must be the aggressor, anyone who has played rugby will know this "dark art". Jamie reacted to what he saw on the ground and should not have done it, the Scarborough player got what he wanted, a reaction, and probably walked off with a smile on his face to sit in that luxurious dug out for 10.

Jamie is a great player and always leads from the front. He was captain last year at only 23 years of age which is a lot of pressure for someone still young and developing. He will get his punishment and come out of it a better player.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #21 on: December 16, 2018, 02:25:26 PM
Let's just leave it at that....he won't be served well by a protracted debate on here over the next few days.

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 05:26:24 PM
Brid have no complaints about the red card.

Not sure how much the footage shows, but there was a grapple on the floor, A brid player on top of a scarborough player. however it was the Scarborough player who was very much the anatagoniser, misusing his knee several times like some UFC fighter while holding the brid player down.

You are a fool to think just because a player is on top of someone means they must be the aggressor, anyone who has played rugby will know this "dark art". Jamie reacted to what he saw on the ground and should not have done it, the Scarborough player got what he wanted, a reaction, and probably walked off with a smile on his face to sit in that luxurious dug out for 10.

Jamie is a great player and always leads from the front. He was captain last year at only 23 years of age which is a lot of pressure for someone still young and developing. He will get his punishment and come out of it a better player.
The first sentence was good.........you should have left it at that.
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.