$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions League Week 10

Predictions League Week 10

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions League Week 10 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Predictions League Week 10  (Read 2796 times)

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
on: November 16, 2021, 02:56:35 PM
Fixtures Week 10

Baildon v Wetherby
Hullensians v Old Grovians
Keighley v Thornensians
Leeds Corinthians v Yarnbury
Ripon v Wheatley Hills
Wath-upon-Dearne v North Ribblesdale
Wensleydale v Nothallerton

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 06:10:33 PM
Wetherby +7
Hullensians +7
Keighley +7
Yarnbury +7
W Hills +7
Wath +7
Northallerton +7

KLY-LAD

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 07:49:23 PM
Wetherby +7
Hullensians +7
Keighley +7
Yarnbury +7
Wheatley Hills -7
Wath-upon-Dearne +7
Nothallerton -7

RugbyKing

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 08:11:32 AM
Wetherby +7
Hullensians +7
Keighley +7
Yarnbury +7
Wheatley hills -7
Wath +7
Northallerton +7

Ripit

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 08:59:57 AM
Wetherby -7
Hullensians +7
Keighley +7
Yarnbury +7
Ripon -7
Wath-upon-Dearne +7
Wensleydale -7

Ed I Tackle

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 11:32:59 AM
I understand Old Grov can't raise a side for Saturday...? Not sure if it's covid related or if the game will be rearranged? Anyone have any news?

DrRuck

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 01:03:41 PM
Beverly Hills of Bradford RUFC vs Wetherby Whalers
The biggest challenge for the away side this week surely must be the ascent to the dizzy heights of mount doom, closely followed by the prospect of 8 fat blokes trying to suck in the high altitude air. Loftus Versfeld has nothing on Jenny Lane and the Bad Boy Chiller Crew may pull off the win. Baildon -7

Fisherman's Friends vs BTEC Etonians
No bus trip this week, Daddy's money has splashed out on return helicopter transfers for the pooh boys. Unfortunately no amount of vintage champagne and caviar will make up for the hiding they will receive at the east coast. 'Ensians +7

Champions Elect vs Lowly Bog Dwellers
Anyone not predicting a 7 point win for the club which may or may not have connections with a certain club in Grassington needs their head looking at. Keighley +7

WWW WD's vs A Club who need to earn another nickname
As the Horsforth club appear to have woken from their seemingly eternal slumber in Yorkshire 2 and have actually started playing some rugby we'll have to think of another amusing title for them, open to suggestions. The run of victories has to come to an end at some point, unfortunately it won't be this week though as they mount more misery on the Middleton Massive. Yarnbury -7

Rugrats vs Salad Dodgers
Little vs Large. David vs Goliath. Prepubescent Acne vs Type 2 Diabetes. Surely there's only one winner here (besides the catering team at Burger King on the A1). 'Hills +7

Woff vs (Keighley > Wharfedale Foresters >) Ribb
Long way for probably not a very fun day out for the club with the most complex player catchment in Yorkshire. Crashing back to reality after claiming the much vaunted title of Yorkshire 2's premier 'Dale Wath +7

The Inferior 'Dale vs Teesside Terrors
Could we see the first snowfall of the season up by the cheesemen this weekend? If so it could play into the hands of the smoggies who are familiar to playing surrounded by falling ash so they'll be right at home. A small pitch and a big bag from North' could lead to a nice away win. North' +7

KLY-LAD

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 02:15:09 PM
I understand Old Grov can't raise a side for Saturday...? Not sure if it's covid related or if the game will be rearranged? Anyone have any news?

That's what I have heard, Thornensians are unable to send a team to Keighley,  5 points to KLY and 5 point deduction for them I've been told.

Wagner

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 02:23:04 PM
I predict Thornensians will blob on us!

Ed I Tackle

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: November 18, 2021, 05:08:49 PM

That's what I have heard, Thornensians are unable to send a team to Keighley,  5 points to KLY and 5 point deduction for them I've been told.

5 point home win to Hullensians and the reverse fixture will be a home game for Hullensians too. Not heard if OG will receive a 5 point deduction, but I'm guessing they will.

What a shame that after 18 months with no rugby sides can't raise a team 3 months into the season, especially at Y2 level.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #10 on: November 18, 2021, 06:25:20 PM
Orcs v Whalers:
"High flying" Whalers to get their come uppance at Mount Doom. If the badass music in the changing rooms doesn't get to them, the rarefied atmosphere and workmanlike performance from Mordor's finest will. Baildon -7

Fishermen's Friends v Pooh Baes:
It's officially off as daddy's input couldn't run to a new front row for this week. Will 'Ensians unselfishly donate their extra 5 points to Children in Need (Ripon)? HWO

Not another Wharfedale feeder club v Bog Trotters:
Somehow don't think Thorne's reason for blobbing (if they do) will be anywhere near like that of troubled OGs, but could be part of a cynical sub-plot to gift promotion to the top two teams, knowing everyone is safe from relegation? HWO

Leeds Saints v Wokebury:
Sleeping giants no more, this week more of the same and more woe for WWW's dream team. Unless of course a charitable donation from Keefleh makes good their 5 point deduction? Yarnbury +7

Young Farmers v Wheatos:
Six weeks without a win, has to focus the kids on running rings around the erm... large chaps. Having taken on all of the biggest men in North and West Yorkshire's Y2 clubs, nipping at the ankles of Donnie's behemoths will just be another tough afternoon in the playground. Ripon -7

Pie Men v Not another Keighley feeder club:
Not a dale in sight in the murky depths of the Dearne Valley. Forget about the game, Ribb to lose gracefully, revel in the excellent post-match hospitality and take in the cultural delights of Wakey on the way home to the safety of the mountains. Wath +7

Wotsits v Smoggies:
A real town v country battle here and dare I say - brawn v brains. Expecting no miracles from North's Messiah-like new signing, but a comfy away win. Northallerton +7

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #11 on: November 18, 2021, 06:30:52 PM
Wetherby +7
Hullensians +7
Keighley +7
Yarnbury +7
Wheatley Hills +7
North Ribblesdale -7
Northallerton +7

ABR

• One of the boys