$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Merit Leagues

Merit Leagues

This is a discussion for the topic Merit Leagues on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Merit Leagues  (Read 6727 times)

Wrufc

• Legend
on: February 14, 2011, 11:41:23 AM
A massive well done so far to Wath 2nd XV who sit joint top with Cleckheaton in Merit League 2. Playing against clubs all from higher divisions.

Well done lads, keep it up.

Water_boy

Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:27:07 PM
Well done to my house mate Joe on his new job....

Wrufc

• Legend
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:22:49 PM
Am sensing a definite dislike of Wath from you water-boy?

His Lordship

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 02:24:29 PM
Whilst not a merit league question (although some of the lads will play merit), have the Wath Colts team recruited some of the Rawmarsh Colts players?

The reason I ask is that looking at the Wath Colts players, 3 of them I know well as they had been playing up to the end of last season at Dinnington. This season Dinnington haven't put out a Colts team as a number of players moved out to Uni, and the one age group the club didn't have was the year behind so had no players coming through. That meant that some of the lads who still wanted to play on Sunday's had moved to Rawmarsh - but now are appearing at Wath.

Water_boy

Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 03:16:32 PM
Not got a problem with Wath at all, just not really relevant to Y3!

The Vole

• Conference Call
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 03:19:06 PM
Not got a problem with Wath at all, just not really relevant to Y3!

How is a topic about Wath not relevant to Y3!?

Wath-scribe

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 03:26:27 PM
Steve, yes that is correct, rawmarsh could not field a team after christmas and so when they folded a few have come to Wath as they know a lot of our lads well, a 50 point win over Barnsley and a 40 point win over Scunthorpe in the last 2 weeks not to mention beating donny and wheatley before christmas and drawing with sheffield not a bad lot of results for our lads.

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 03:43:21 PM
Excellent news - I know those lads want to play rugby at weekends, and as you say they will be known to many of the other players so a good place for them to be playing rugby. I assume Pricey is his usual shy retiring self ;)

Wath-scribe

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 03:49:00 PM
Of course, add hopper into the mix too!!! Sure you know what i mean  :)

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 03:53:34 PM
Very much so... ::)

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 11:37:48 PM
As this topic is about Merit Leagues, what are your views. Currently Premier, 1, 2 are leagues and Div 3 & 4 merit tables +north and South(can`t get the results for South).

1. Should premier 1,2,3,4 be leagues, with other teams forming geographical merit tables?
2. Given the number of matches which are called off after Wednesday pm, should clubs pay a retainer to take part?
3. Should clubs loan players?
4. Should extra points be given to clubs if they play an away fixture?
5. Should games be allowed to start with uncontested scrums if there are not enough players in the front row?

Comments please.

Tasker

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 10:27:03 AM
Firstly, no scrums should not be allowed to be uncontested at the beginning of the match. Teams have a responsibility to bring a front row and replacements if they can. I know teams in Yorkshire 2 Merit League IE. Leodensians, have played uncontested scrums all season which i find ridiculous and know when play them, we have told them to come with a front row, or not at all.

In the colts league, 1 point is automatically given for playing the game, whereas  3 points are taken off when a team doesnt fulfill a fixture, which i believe is something that could be looked into.
The artist formally known as Wath-Youngster

Fredsbar

Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 10:45:30 AM
Any thing else? What about clubs blobbing on Friday/Sat. Points deduction, fine or what?

Horace half back

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 10:49:47 AM
Just looking at this thread, and looked at Yorkshire RFU website. Just wish the results and leagues could be updates more regularly, nothing since beginning of Dec 2010 in some cases (Juniors particularly) or am I looking in the wrong place?

Fredsbar

Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 03:21:51 PM
Famous Chinese Proverb. If results not sent  - then leagues cannot be updated.